looking for photos and infos trawler MARIE built 1902 by COOK WELTON

Pierre
18th December 2007, 09:09
Hello,

I am looking for photographs and informations about the trawler MARIE built 1902 by COOK WELTON and mined 1915.

Thanks

Pierre

birgir
18th December 2007, 22:09
Hello Pierre.

Marie B 2763, 231 brt, 83 nrt, 125 feet long, 22 feet wide, 11.02.1902 and presumably delivered a month later to it her owners, Francois Fourny et Cie. Sisterships, La Champagne, and La Flandre, built at the same time for Altazin-Fourny et Cie in Boulogne differed in having slightly less powerful engines (70 nhp, 480 in france) made by Tindall Earle & Hutchinson, whereas Marie´s were made by C.D. Holmes, also 70 nhp, but rated at 500 in France.

I presume you have Francois Guennoc´s "La péche boulonnaise".

I have no photos.

Birgir Thorisson.

Roger Griffiths
19th December 2007, 01:00
Bonsoir Pierre,
Try an email to Musée des Terre-Neuvas et de la Pêche at Fécamp
http://www.fecamp.com/musees/mtneuv/indexmtneuv.htm
French trawler historian Jack Daussy is the man to ask if you can get hold of him.

regards
Roger

Pierre
19th December 2007, 07:31
Thanks to Birgir and Roger .

Do you know if general arrangements of trawlers built by Cook & Welton are available ?

Pierre

gil mayes
19th December 2007, 07:31
On a slightly different tack. Does anyone know where the company Tindall Earle & Hutchinson had their works? They do not appear in the list of engine & boiler makers in 1910.
Gil.

Roger Griffiths
19th December 2007, 18:30
Hello Pierre,
Hull maritime museum may be able to help.
http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/nra/searches/subjectView.asp?ID=B33824

regards
Roger

birgir
19th December 2007, 19:25
Pierre.

There are a number of blueprints of C.W.&G. built ships in the excellent book about the company. Presumably, not all were used in the book. Among the pics ther, a few represent slightly later ships, both smaller and larger, but none very close.

Gil Mayes.
Tindall & Co was building engines in Hull at least in 1899. Earles of Hull were in liquidation in 1902, so presumably this concern was stationed in Hull.

Birgir Thorisson

gil mayes
21st December 2007, 10:50
Many thanks Birgir. As far as I know, Earles went into voluntary liquidation and were bought by the Wilson family, but, never ceased trading. So the company Tindall Earle & Hutchinson remains an odd combination.
Gil.