Adrastus

Ian
27th March 2004, 18:02
Adrastus

tanker
3rd June 2004, 15:06
Adrastus

This great series of C/P ships 12 passengers can be on board.
built i 1947 the first as AENEAS then ACHILLES-AGAPENOR-AJAX-ANCHISES-
ANTENOR-ANTILOCHUS-ASCANIUS ATREUS-AUTOLYUS-AUTOMEDON-CLYTONEUS-CYCLOPS-DEMODOCUS-DIOMED-DOLIUS-ELPENOR-LAOMEDON-
CALCHAS-CARDIGANSHIRE GLEN EX BELLEROPHON-ADRASTUS-LAERTES-
LYCAON-POLYDORUS-EX ALCINOUS-POLYPHEMUS EX ASPHALION EX RADNOSHIRE-EX ACHILLES AND EUMAEUS.
i hope this is a good remember for you.
hello
GP

mcmikew
22nd June 2004, 09:01
Hi Tanker,

I served on the ASCANIUS and Dolius 59 to 61 I hav e a real bad memorie and as you can see I cant spell.
mike

sylvesterheng
14th September 2005, 07:33
It was great b4 aircon and all these hi tech stuff.
Middies half deck was on top of engine room, super
in northern winter.
Dolius is one of the famous DIZZY Ds.
Cheers , Sylvester

R58484956
14th September 2005, 13:02
Welcome mcmikew to the site I am sure that you will enjoy it, dont worry about the spelling, plenty of us cannot spell.

john russell
17th September 2005, 21:35
hi to every one,good to see the blue funnel ships,i served on Laomedon (1)as h.m.s., my 1st ship, ihave some pixs, had my pc 5 weeks ,so imake a lot b----up

R651400
18th September 2005, 08:31
Hi John. Welcome aboard. Coasted Laomedon as my first ship and ended with Adrastus deep sea. If you want an AH avatar send your email address to me as a private message and will oblige.

john russell
26th October 2005, 16:40
hi Malcolm, thank your for your welcome,mesed things up with posting.its a wonder thay have not kicked me out, i wil try and do what you say. john.r.

Allan James
27th October 2005, 08:58
First trip Middy on the Polydorus-sailed light ship from Birkenhead, north about to Kotka in Finland and spent my 19th birthday discovering what sea sickness was about!!!! We decorated the half-deck with any paint we could find (scrounge) from the crew, leaving pride of place to the toilet bowl painted in blue and black....fortunately the master was John Morris (an ED man) and he appreciated the colour scheme! Kotka in October is a cold old place-up near the Russian border, and the half-deck was the best place in the world to sleep in, however when we got to Saudi Arabia my opinion changed....A LOT! Later sailed on Eumaeus, with a Dutch crew...absolutely fabulous trip and really enjoyed it. Sadly left her in Singapore joining the Perseus, leaving Eumaeus to sail to her final meeting with the breakers torch at Kaohsiung. The A boats were lovely old ships-very traditional, with lots of brass and varnished timber around the bridge, and beautiful teak decks. As cadets, even then we felt that one of them should have been preserved in the Mersey-the suggestion was that she should be anchored in the Mersey and the Masters and Chief Engineers could then carry on their departmental arguements in surroundings they would understand! Leaving us youngsters to get on with sailing the ships-oh the folly of youth! If any old masters or chiefs are reading this-sorry! and my opinion changed as I met some amazing characters during my time at sea.
Regards.
Allan