Uasc

Howard S
31st December 2007, 17:07
Have been trying to assemble pictures from the gallery of every vessel I sailed in, was pretty successful with Palm Line and ED's (except Kabala and Donga) but have had little success with UASC in fact only found Ibn Sina. Other UASC vessels I sailed in (79-84) were;

Al Wattyah
Ibn Rush (twice)
Addiriyah
Al Fujairah
Ibn Al Moataz
Al Ahmadiah
Ibn Khaldoon
Ibn Al Haitham.

Hard to believe these veseels are all now at least 28 yrs old and I guess mainly long scrapped. The UASC website does indicate a few left but the fleet is mainly larger and newer container ships. They were so new when we sailed in them.

I look forward to any pictures that may be out there.....
Best wishes to all for 2008.......

Brian Clark Springhall
16th September 2011, 10:30
Regards Have been trying to assemble pictures from the gallery of every vessel I sailed in, was pretty successful with Palm Line and ED's (except Kabala and Donga) but have had little success with UASC in fact only found Ibn Sina. Other UASC vessels I sailed in (79-84) were;

Al Wattyah
Ibn Rush (twice)
Addiriyah
Al Fujairah
Ibn Al Moataz
Al Ahmadiah
Ibn Khaldoon
Ibn Al Haitham.

Hard to believe these veseels are all now at least 28 yrs old and I guess mainly long scrapped. The UASC website does indicate a few left but the fleet is mainly larger and newer container ships. They were so new when we sailed in them.

Hi Howard, I also am trying to obtain pictures of vessels sailed on with Kuwait Shipping and UASC, I was with them for 16 years. There is a photo of the Ibn Rushd on ShipsNostalgia, it appears you have left the d off the end. I was 2nd engineer on it new from Govan. There must be other sites where you can get photo's, good hunting.

Howard S
1st October 2011, 01:04
Thanx Brian, yes Rushd sounds better than Rush, shortly after I left her she grounded in Taiwan the younger Captain Tennant as I recall?

Johnny Walker
1st October 2011, 09:11
Have been trying to assemble pictures from the gallery of every vessel I sailed in, was pretty successful with Palm Line and ED's (except Kabala and Donga) but have had little success with UASC in fact only found Ibn Sina. Other UASC vessels I sailed in (79-84) were;

Al Wattyah
Ibn Rush (twice)
Addiriyah
Al Fujairah
Ibn Al Moataz
Al Ahmadiah
Ibn Khaldoon
Ibn Al Haitham.

I have just looked at the shipspotter web site which is quite good for ships photo's there are a few of these ships on there