What ship?

CEYLON220
10th January 2008, 12:43
Sorry that I have`nt got a photo of this ship at the moment but maybe someone out there will know the details ie; shipping line,type of ship,country of origin etc, the name was "POTOSI" (or "POTOSKI"),she had her own cranes where masts are generally situated and roll up cargo covers(being ex RN I am not familiar with the proper jargon for these), not many ships of this sort are seen in our small port having this type of crane/mast, I did take a photo of her but this was the start of a new roll of film, will post it when developed.

Any one familiar with this ship or maybe have pictures of her?

Thamesphil
10th January 2008, 13:28
There is currently a ship called POTOSI, a 3,620 dwt coaster built in 1995. Would that be the one?

Anyway, assuming she is, she is one of a series of standard-design ships built on the Danube by Slovenian shipbuilder Slovenske Komarno. This one is owned by German shipowner Wessels Reederei and you can see her details, including a GA plan, here:

http://www.wessels.de/index.php?id=443

There are also a number of photos of her on www.shipspotting.com. Just search for the name in the search box.

CEYLON220
11th January 2008, 16:45
There is currently a ship called POTOSI, a 3,620 dwt coaster built in 1995. Would that be the one?

Anyway, assuming she is, she is one of a series of standard-design ships built on the Danube by Slovenian shipbuilder Slovenske Komarno. This one is owned by German shipowner Wessels Reederei and you can see her details, including a GA plan, here:

http://www.wessels.de/index.php?id=443

There are also a number of photos of her on www.shipspotting.com. Just search for the name in the search box.

Thanks Phil, you hit on the right button, POTOSI was the ship that I was enquiring about and also thanks for the ship spotting web site, any more questions on shipping then I will know where to go for the answers, thanks mate. Aye DAVE.

John Rogers
11th January 2008, 19:23
Ceylon, what is meant by start of a new roll of film?????
Just pulling your leg.

John

CEYLON220
12th January 2008, 14:19
Ceylon, what is meant by start of a new roll of film?????
Just pulling your leg.

John

Hi John, Ive moved on from a Brownie box camera and got a bit more technical with a Russian camera bought in the back streets of Hong Kong from a sly trader whose arms were full of watches, bought the camera which works fine but the watch that I bought only ran for 12 hours(had the workings from a ladies watch in the casing), that was in 1957, the camera still works, can`t put it into reserve unless they do away with rolls of film then maybe I`ll fork out for a more modern one--maybe[=P]

John Rogers
12th January 2008, 16:29
The digital cameras are getting better and cheaper each year,they are even looking like MM cameras. Those rings the traders wore and sold made your fingers green after a few days.

Have a good day,

John

CEYLON220
13th January 2008, 11:24
You`ve been there and had the same experience I see John, you`ve still got 8 fingures and 2 thumbs, none missing I take it. Always fancied a cam corder
made plenty of hints to the wife--someday maybe.All the best , mate.

DAVE.