Members Map

cacique
15th January 2008, 23:54
Anyone have a step-by-step guide for an idiot on how to add an entry on the members map, I seem to come unstuck with something about a URL ! Any help greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards, David Wilson.

benjidog
16th January 2008, 00:11
1. Click on the map area of the logon screen

2. Click on Your Entry - if you already have one you will see a red pin on the map

3. If not, move around the screen to the approximate area you want to place your mark by holding down the left mouse button and moving the cursor until you are roughly in your location.

3. Click on the the + button on the bar to the left to zoom in and move around until you are in the right place on the map.

4. Click where you want to place your marker

5. Fill in the box where it says Marker Text with what you want people to see when they look at your marker.

6. You can leave the URL box empty

7. Click on Update the information

That's it!

Brian

non descript
16th January 2008, 00:14
Nice one Brian, speedy and stylish (Thumb)

cacique
16th January 2008, 01:21
Thanks Brian, got it sorted. "Marker Title" was blind side of the referee !
Kind Regards, David Wilson.

Andy
16th January 2008, 12:20
Some members are still accidentally placing their markers in the middle of the Med sea (the map default spot)... I can fish some out and put the marker where they really live but only if you have your location in your profile.
Obviously some people really are in a sea ;)
I've fished 9 members out this morning (if you're marker isn't where you think it should be, it's probably because I couldn't find out what town/city you live in)... but please check where you have placed your maker, you can edit afterwards to rectify any mistake.

cheers,
Andy