Alang,Gadani and thevenard

maurie
18th January 2008, 12:12
Hi to all, some google earth shots of Alang, gadani beach shipbreakers and for those who have forgotton Thevenard for gypsum ( c copyrite to google earth)

trotterdotpom
18th January 2008, 22:00
Who could forget Thevenard, Maurie?

Don't know if it's still going on but a couple of years ago, I saw a TV program which showed hoards of Japanese tourists being enticed there to catch, cook and eat blue swimmer crabs there. They appeared to be enjoying themselves and it kept them away from the whales.

John T.

notnila
18th January 2008, 22:11
Once seen,Thevenard is never to be forgotten.Especially after a weekend in the care of"South Australias' Finest" in Ceduna nick!!Lovely place can't wait to get back!!

trotterdotpom
19th January 2008, 05:52
Did you catch crabs too, Notnila? Judging by the Saltire, I'm guessing you were with SSM, regulars in Thevenard, am I right?

John T.

notnila
19th January 2008, 23:03
I was doing a world cruise with Hughie Hogarths 61/62.Stopped by for THREE WEEKS partially loading a cargo of bagged grain for Beira! We hit all the worlds high spots that trip!!

trotterdotpom
20th January 2008, 02:11
Shhh, Notnila, the Blue Flu crowd will be green with envy! Sadly, they installed a grain loader at Thevenard and the average stay became two or three days.

John T.

notnila
20th January 2008, 22:11
The Yallumba sales must have nosedived!!The local economy must have gone into recession!!

trotterdotpom
21st January 2008, 00:09
By the '70s the local economy, driven by a large Greek community, was based on ouzo and black dress-shops.

John T.

notnila
21st January 2008, 00:27
Somehow I just can't see that small community going round in black dresses and sipping ouzo!They freaked out with me"urinating in a public place"AKA,"peeing up a close"!

trotterdotpom
21st January 2008, 01:05
Notnila, they didn't sip it, the mixed it with coke and drank it by the bucket.

John T.

notnila
21st January 2008, 10:18
Yes, but what about the black dresses?I did a couple of trips in the"O"boats you know.I've sailed with people like that!!!

trotterdotpom
21st January 2008, 12:06
Notnila, you suspicious old man! I'm not talking about "little black dresses" but "widows' weeds", Mediterranean style - not so common these days.

As for "urinating in a public place", I share your pain, just ask Sparkie2182.

John T.

notnila
22nd January 2008, 19:38
OK.We better let this go,we may be traumatising the good folk of Thevenard/Ceduna! There's no telling where that could lead!!
Regards Arch