Greetings

Billyg
1st May 2005, 10:24
Greetings to old and new shipmates who may grace these decks especially the plates "down below" (Wave) . I'm a retired engineer sailing mainly on general cargo ships in the good days with some tankers . Finished my career with Union Co NZ after leaving Blue Star my last UK company.First trip in 1956 on the Crystal Gem , Sugar Lines and last in 90/91 to OZ.Hope aybe to meet some old ship mates here. Introduced by Brian McNabb fellow present townie ans ex shipmate NZ.
Cheers Bill Gilhooley. R662750

julian anstis
1st May 2005, 10:38
Hi Billy and welcome aboard the madhouse

You'll have to give us the ships you were on ...there could be some good photo's lurking in the archives of our members somewhere...if you dont see them on site just post a request and they are sure to come out of the woodwork.

Cheers Julian

Ron B Manderson
1st May 2005, 11:24
Welcome bill hope you enjoy as much as we do .
Good set of mad people here
Ron
(Scribe)

Santos
1st May 2005, 21:14
Greetings to you too Billy g. (Wave)

I see you stood by the Raphael and Ronsard,I sailed on both ships in the 60s out of Liverpool. I remember a couple of the engineers, Neville Pearson and a Chief Engineer called Plant, cannot remember his surname, great bloke though, in fact they were all great blokes -- had some horrendous parties. (Pint)

Chris.

flyer682
2nd May 2005, 09:38
Welcome aboard, Bill. Let's see now - TOTARA, TITOKI and UNION NELSON. They should ring a few bells. No, we have never met, but I do have a few "Under Way" magazines stashed away......
Great site here, sit back and enjoy - along with a few contributions of course! :)

Billyg
3rd May 2005, 09:26
Thanks for the welcome guys, Your name rings a bell as well David somewhere along the line . I sailed on those three ships plus a few others I'll have to check up on for names.They were originally Anchor Dorman Shipping before being taken over by Union Co.Which forum would you suggest I list my ships in ?.
Catch you later.
Billy

flyer682
3rd May 2005, 10:11
You never know who you're going to come across on this Site!
Recognise the ship in the photo next to my name?
As for Forum to post in, I think either Union SS Co Forum or the Coasters Forum, for the NZ ships you served on.
Look forward to maybe seeing a few photos from your time at sea - there must be a few stories stashed away in your memory banks!