Mystery Lifeboat

nhp651
24th January 2008, 11:45
The other day, (within the last week as a friend discribed), an ex RNLI lifeboat moored in the River Wyre, against a mooring bouy, opposite the roll on/roll off birth.
from the discription given she sounded like a Solent/Oakley Mk 2 class, and had grey upper works.
Any ideas any one please, as she has now disappeared, and to where , no one knows.
cheers,neil.

nhp651
19th February 2008, 13:51
the mystery has been solved.the boat was/is the ex RNLB Ramsay Dyce, ex Aberdeen 52' Barnett class lifeboat.
She is now up on the hard at Glasson Dock on the River Lune, and looks to be having a paint job. looks well.neil.

Coastie
19th February 2008, 15:45
Used to be owned by a bloke in Shetland up untill a couple of years ago.

Quinton Nelson
31st August 2008, 12:00
I delivered her to Glasson for the new owner.
had to wait in Fleetwood for the tide so moored up on lifeboat buoy in the harbour for an hour or so.
After 17 hour passage from Donaghadee had hoped to get ashore for a walk about and a hot meal. No chance!!

nhp651
31st August 2008, 17:55
should have given me a shout Quinton, My wife does a lovely roast dinner? next time maybe.(Thumb)
neil.

Andy Iannetta
20th April 2009, 01:53
someone mention food!!!

nhp651
20th April 2009, 12:22
any time you want to bring your Mabel Alice to Fleetwood, Andy I'd only be too happy to swap a roastdinner for a sail on her, lol(Jester) (Hippy)

billyboy
20th April 2009, 12:31
I think its great when these older boats having given such sterling service get a more relaxed life in the hands of private owners. I envy you Andy

nhp651
20th April 2009, 16:43
if you fancy a challenge, Billyboy there is an old Liverpool class lifeboat for sale on ebay at the moment...needs a little TLC and a wodge of money no doubt...104 quid and it's yours.(Smoke) (Smoke) (Cloud) (Hippy)

billyboy
21st April 2009, 04:04
Firstly, What is a Boat .... it is a hole in the water where one keeps throwing ones money.
Dont get me wrong now, If I had the money then thats exactly where it would go.
Fraid my pension budget will not run to a boat right now. I do however hope that someone will buy and care for that old Liverpool class boat though.

nhp651
21st April 2009, 18:56
I'd have a crack myself but if I brought anything more than 5 foot long and 1;12 scale it would be D. I . V. O. R. C. E. LOL(Jester) (Jester) (Jester)

lawrence Croxford
22nd May 2009, 16:28
Billyboy, Did You Not Know That The Word B.o.a.t. Means, Bring Out Another Thousandpounds. Ive Been There Done That And Got Two T/shirts And An Overdraught To Prove It.stay Married Its Cheaper . Larry Croxford

billyboy
23rd May 2009, 00:26
Billyboy, Did You Not Know That The Word B.o.a.t. Means, Bring Out Another Thousandpounds. Ive Been There Done That And Got Two T/shirts And An Overdraught To Prove It.stay Married Its Cheaper . Larry Croxford

Think you may well be right there Lawrence ... LOL please wait 1 second(s) for an uncompressed image, or press Ctrl+F5 for original quality page