Brocklebank - Earlier Times

Doug Rogers
7th May 2005, 07:21
The tug Brocklebank at Liverpool Maritime Museum.
She looks to be in great condition and its very fitting for her to be there.

flyer682
7th May 2005, 08:04
Sure is in great condition. Any tie-up to Brocklebanks or is the name purely coincidence?

Doug Rogers
7th May 2005, 08:54
Oh no its that obvious and I dedicate the picture to Ron, I am sure he will love it!!

Ron B Manderson
7th May 2005, 10:08
Oh no its that obvious and I dedicate the picture to Ron, I am sure he will love it!! Oh Thanks Doug

I have been saving my pocket money to get on e.
Yes tug and dock named after Danny Brock.

Doug Rogers
7th May 2005, 10:41
Absolutely my son, there should be more of them !!.
Doug

Santos
7th May 2005, 19:39
Yes Brocklebank is in very good condition. I walk past her three days a week on my way to work. She is well maintained and always looks smart and shipshape.

She gets about the Irish Sea in the summer months and is often seen in Wales and the Isle of Mann. She is always out on the Mersey for special occassions, River Festival etc.

Chris.

Ron B Manderson
7th May 2005, 20:08
If you can ,dont miss this great two days .
Miss at your pearle
Ron

Santos
7th May 2005, 20:18
Hi Ron, (Wave)

Still in the vein of earlier times, I was lucky to take part in the Mersey River Festival last year. I crewed the Historic Lifeboat, William and Kate Johnston.

In the below pic, I am the one nearest the camera standing alongside the cockpit. It was a great day. We are entering the Albert Dock.

Chris.

Ron B Manderson
7th May 2005, 20:47
Very good Chris .
I hope I can go to rever fes again this year .
Mind only becuase its free .
Nae even If I had to pay still be worth the long 320 mile trip .
Ron
i

Santos
7th May 2005, 20:54
Ron,

You wont regret it, you might even see our new RNLI Hovercraft, now theres a tempter.

Chris.

Doug Rogers
7th May 2005, 21:49
That is a tempter but I dont think I will make it this year!!, perhaps next year!!.
Doug

Ron B Manderson
7th May 2005, 21:57
You mean you'll even come back for this sausage roll
Well glad to hear it. Nae probs I'll buy fresh ones
Yes ! I will

Ron (Bounce)

Doug Rogers
8th May 2005, 10:46
An offer like that is almost too tempting to refuse...a RNLI Hovercraft and a fresh sausage roll to boot, think I had better make my plans to visit!!.
Doug

Santos
8th May 2005, 20:10
If you do see the Hovercraft guys, dont stand behind it, it will blow sand in your sausage rolls, that plays hell with the molars and the sausage rolls I can tell you. (Sad)

Chris.

Doug Rogers
8th May 2005, 23:06
Well perhaps but its more of a mistake to stand in front of one, particularly if its moving at the time.
Doug

Santos
9th May 2005, 20:17
It would certainly dry your hair quickly.

Chris.

robbo
9th May 2005, 22:22
Chris
What hair!!
Robbo (A)

Santos
10th May 2005, 20:36
Now that you come to mention it, Robbo, I havnt seen mine for a quite some time now, I think it must be hibernating, Yes thats it, hibernating.

Chris. (==D)

Ron B Manderson
10th May 2005, 20:40
Now that you come to mention it, Robbo, I havnt seen mine for a quite some time now, I think it must be hibernating, Yes thats it, hibernating.

Chris. (==D)
mine went for dirty weekend never returned
Ron

Santos
10th May 2005, 20:53
I do hope you are refering to your hair Ron and not your Danish pastry
(?HUH)

Chris.

todd
18th April 2009, 19:43
Oh Thanks Doug

I have been saving my pocket money to get on e.
Yes tug and dock named after Danny Brock.

Hi, I sailed on her when she was towing barges for Howards to and from Dinmor--Angelsey (before they had their own tugs built) with stone for the building of Seaforth Dock.I was A/B at the time.I thought these pictures might interest some of you.13241

Jim