G'day from Hobart!

cambria49
12th May 2005, 00:03
Hi all,

My good friend Tony Jones at Rhiw.com pointed me in the direction of your most interesting site, which has already given me a few hours of pleasure - well done.

Currently I live in Hobart, Tasmania, where I am employed by fast craft builder Incat.

I grew up in the Irish port of Dun Laoghaire where the ferry operations of British Rail, Sealink and later Stena Line became a firm interest. Some would say I spent much of my time in Holyhead - this being thanks to the warm welcome I always received from the officers and crews of various ferries who were only too happy to nuture my interest in all things maritime.

Regards to all,

Justin

cambria49
12th May 2005, 01:27
Yes indeed, three vessels, namely HSV-X1 Joint Venture, TSV-1X Spearhead and HSV 2 Swift[I].

Steve
12th May 2005, 07:42
A warm welcome to SN Justin.

Doug Rogers
12th May 2005, 07:59
Welcome aboard SN, enjoy and look forward to your input.
Doug

flyer682
12th May 2005, 09:14
Welcome aboard, Justin. Have a look in the Ferries Forum and you'll find Incat mentioned. Enjoy the site and we look forward to your contributions.

julian anstis
12th May 2005, 09:27
Welcome aboard there Justin,

Glad to hear you have had a few hours of pleasure on site, we hope you enjoy many more here with us. Look forward to hearing any of your tales or seeing any photos you might like to share. If you need help with finding photo's or info just post a message, we have many knowledgeable folk only to willing to help.

Regards Julian

Ron B Manderson
12th May 2005, 09:32
welcome to the best and maddest site going
Hope you enjoy the same friendship and banter here as we do .
If anymore join from down under we will have to open a branch

LOL
Ron

Ron B Manderson
12th May 2005, 11:26
It's alright Ron we don't mind over running this site LOL what would we do with a mere branch?
Use it in a picture ?
Ron

cambria49
12th May 2005, 12:20
Thanks guys.

I would quite like to share some stuff on BR/Sealink ferries. Do you think there is scope to create an area for these within the list of companies available rather than within the generic Ferries folder?

Justin.

Rhiw.com
13th May 2005, 02:47
Welcome to the good ship SN. You’re as always, very modest. Pssssst!!!! He was a writer for Sea Breezes for many years, and has a wealth of knowledge, (Scribe) and is always ready to help. Thanks for all your help Justin. Many Thanks, Tony.

Doug Rogers
13th May 2005, 02:52
Hi Justin,
Its over to the powers that be to create a new forum, quite sure that you will receive an answer shortly.
Doug

cambria49
13th May 2005, 03:01
Thanks for that Doug! (A)

cambria49
13th May 2005, 03:03
Welcome to the good ship SN. You’re as always, very modest. Pssssst!!!! He was a writer for Sea Breezes for many years, and has a wealth of knowledge, (Scribe) and is always ready to help. Thanks for all your help Justin. Many Thanks, Tony.

Oh no!!! My cover is blown!! (LOL)

cambria49
13th May 2005, 03:20
And you both have lovely interesting websites!
Justin it appears you are a professional photographer too.
Zelda

No, I'm not a professional photographer, but thanks for the compliment!
Justin

cambria49
13th May 2005, 04:49
OOoooo I though you were as the other websites your pictures are on talk about "the Justin Merrigan collection.
Zelda

Yes I have a substantial collection of photos, comprising mainly my own work, but also including unidentified prints, in some cases taken before I was even born!

13th May 2005, 08:08
No, I'm not a professional photographer, but thanks for the compliment!
Justin

LOL. Don't worry about that then, Ron will be badgering you up to that standard as soon as you dare post a picture. (LOL)

Welcome,

Dave

cambria49
13th May 2005, 08:51
B\) Thanks Dave!

cambria49
13th May 2005, 11:01
Wouldn't take it as a compliment as Professionals are often incompetant LOL

Hi again Zelda, but perhaps I could be considered professional since my latest book was published in November! You may have seen the link to it on one of my websites!!

Rgds, Justin

thunderd
13th May 2005, 11:32
Hi Justin, welcome to this site from another Hobartian,I see your work place whenever I go over the Bowen bridge from Geilston Bay. Hope you enjoy the site

cambria49
13th May 2005, 11:42
Hi Justin, welcome to this site from another Hobartian,I see your work place whenever I go over the Bowen bridge from Geilston Bay. Hope you enjoy the site

Hi Derek, thanks for that! Good to know we Taswegians are well represented! Rgds, Justin

thunderd
14th May 2005, 02:50
I think we are pretty thin on the ground Justin but like Bondi Junction in Sydney there seem to be plenty of Kiwis. I dunno they come over here and win all our best horse races, humiliate us in the Americas Cup and even teach us the odd lesson in rugby. Fortunately they had the good grace earlier this year to lie down and let us whitewash them at cricket.

In all of the above my tongue was planted firmly in my cheek. (Eat) (Eat)

cambria49
14th May 2005, 05:17
hi we are real intrested how the incat project are going to cope with heat signatures , that you creat with high speeds ? a ac plant that sprays cold water behind you ? dave (Scribe)

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you! =P