Another Newbie

John_F
12th May 2005, 10:06
Just joined today.
Joined BP Tankers in 1958 as a navigating apprentice, got my 2nd Mate's ticket & stayed for a further 2 years, leaving in 1964.
Served on British Glory (buoyantly challenged in later years), Beacon, Birch, Patriot, Queen, Gannet, Clyde Guardian, Renown & Trust.
Excellent training for life ahead. Wish I'd stayed & got my Master's ticket.
Will try & post photos at a later date of these vessels if anyone is interested in them.

julian anstis
12th May 2005, 10:14
Welcome aboard John,

Hope you enjoy the site and what we have to offer, and we all look forward to seeing your photos in due course.

Regards Julian

Ron B Manderson
12th May 2005, 10:16
Welcome to the best and maddest site around.
Hope you enjoy the banter and humour as we do .
All help you will need inposting etc is there for the asking
Enjoy
Ron
(Scribe) kp

tanker
12th May 2005, 10:18
Welcome from Italy John from a passined of merchant ships!!!
Gp

Doug Rogers
12th May 2005, 10:50
Welcome aboard, enjoy the site and the banter and look forward to your contributions in due course.
Doug

cheddarnibbles
12th May 2005, 15:28
Just joined today.
Joined BP Tankers in 1958 as a navigating apprentice, got my 2nd Mate's ticket & stayed for a further 2 years, leaving in 1964.
Served on British Glory (buoyantly challenged in later years), Beacon, Birch, Patriot, Queen, Gannet, Clyde Guardian, Renown & Trust.
Excellent training for life ahead. Wish I'd stayed & got my Master's ticket.
Will try & post photos at a later date of these vessels if anyone is interested in them.
Hi John.....I reckon you must have applied to the same recruiting advert in the Evening Standard as I did. BP had a massive recruiting campaign on at the time. However,they turned me down, so I went to pre-sea school instead. What a good move that was ??!!
Hope you enjoy the site.......It's almost as good as the galley boy's telephone.