Denholm Line M V Carronpark

Chipity
13th May 2005, 10:05
Does anyone know anything of the Denholm Line. I was on the MV Carronpark in about 1955. I believe there was a sistership Lylepark; the Company was mainly into tankers so I heard tell. when I joined her she was under charter to the British Phosphate Commision and was running [though not very fast] between Narau and Ocean Islands and Australian & New Zealand Ports

R58484956
4th June 2005, 15:45
Carronpark 5328 tons built 1949 @c connell 421.7 x 57.2 x 25.1 1x 3cyl oil engine 2s csa. registered greenock code flags MCLC. DF,ESD, Gy C, Radar

R58484956
4th June 2005, 15:50
J & J Denholm Fleet List As At 1953
Carronpark 1949 5328
Garvelpark 1945 7179
Hollypark 1942 7185
Lylepark 1951 5269
Mountpark 1946 6722
Wellpark 1946 6722

trotterdotpom
7th June 2005, 17:25
Does anyone know anything of the Denholm Line. I was on the MV Carronpark in about 1955. I believe there was a sistership Lylepark; the Company was mainly into tankers so I heard tell. when I joined her she was under charter to the British Phosphate Commision and was running [though not very fast] between Narau and Ocean Islands and Australian & New Zealand Ports

Denholms became the biggest ship management company in the UK in the '70s. They managed every kind of ship immaginable including innovations like container ships and ro-ros - "Euroliner", the first trans-Atlantic container ship, which had us all biting our nails, springs to mind. Not sure what happened to the company in later times.

I sailed on Denholm's iron ore carrier "Dunkyle" and a managed general cargo ship "Industria", owned by Metcalfes of British West Hartlepool - happy days in the White Man's Grave. Came away speaking fluent Glaswegian, Jimmy.

John T.

James_C
7th June 2005, 18:00
John,
Whilst in Denholms, did you ever sail with a John MacKinnon, native of the Isle of Barra? Think he ended up as Chief Mate before he came over to us, to sail on the coast as C/O. I think he was more than happy with his lot and had no asperations to be Old Man. I sailed with him when he was 62!

trotterdotpom
7th June 2005, 18:37
Hi Jim,

No sorry, don't think I met him, although I ran into a lot of "tcheuchters" in Denholms and Scottish Ship Management - great blokes.

Nice to see someone is still afloat.

Regards, John.

colin butler
25th July 2005, 15:35
Hi to All

I sailed on the MV Industria ( Jan 78 - Aug 78 ). My 1st trip straight out of the peanut factory. Joined in Cardiff, crew managed to wreck a sailing dingy the OLD Man had picked up mid atlantic. Dropped it staight down #5 hold. Went Venezula, States then to Gulf. Brought her back to Wallsend drydock eventually to handover to Indian buyers. Crew just like the United Nations Brummies,Cockneys, Irish, on deck, Scottish in galley ( Great food ) & welsh down with the donkeys. (Thumb)

michael james
25th July 2005, 20:50
Colin butler, a hearty welcome to the sn site, you have a lot of like minded members here, I am sure you will enjoy it, and any current member of a Life boat crew is especially welcome. Look forward to hearing of your experiences.

Please take the time to read the thread "Guidelines To Posting" in either the Members Notice Board or Say Hello forums. Should help with any questions you may have regarding posting to the Site.

peter lewis
30th July 2005, 00:00
sailed on a couple of denholm managed ships the db 50 a mcdermots derrick barge took her on her maiden voyage for them and the horizon labrador seismic survay wessel very interesting

NEIL CURRIE
1st September 2005, 10:57
NEIL C
MEMBER'
I was a deck boy on the INVEREWE, aDENHOLMS, bulk carrier sailed out of North Sheilds 1960,s .During that time she was fitted with a self discharging crane which ran up the deck on rails ,i dont think it was very successful as it was constantly breaking down and very unstable in bad weather .
I recall we had 7 barra boys as crew ,me being one of them.

raybeti
3rd September 2005, 19:21
Ex Denholms "Naess Sovereign" Naess Champion" 1962-1968, Master was Calum MacPhee, from Barra, any old shipmates out there?

joesoap
4th September 2005, 23:03
Signed on the Dunadd one of Denholm's bulkers June 58 Glasgow. Mainly local crew good feeder . Seven Islands for ore to Birkenhead. Round trip of three weeks exactly. We were spoiled for choice of jobs then and enjoyed the freedom of paying off just for a change of scenery if nothing else. Mind you the world was worth seeing then and peace reigned almost all around the globe as I remember it. Halcyon days indeed with a sub in the pocket for runs ashore never to be forgotten. Time for a cuppa and tab nab. Joesoap.

Chipity
17th September 2005, 03:09
Thank you, for your reminders I recall now the Carronpark had a soccer team and played against other ships who were in port at the same time.We also carried bulk cargos but took 8 or 9 days to discharge; and a tot of rum on Sundays at sea They were good times; We have come a long way in the last 50 years (Applause) (Applause)

Gulpers
17th September 2005, 04:59
Chipity,

My time with Denholms was a bit after yours. However, the following extract from my profile may rekindle some memories out there.

Was a Deck Officer with J J Denholm, Glasgow (Denholm Ship Management) 1972 - 1981 (Deck Cadet, 3/O, 2/O) then came ashore to join HM Coastguard.

When at sea served on MV Troll River, MV Erskine Bridge, GTV Asiafreighter, MV Gina Maria, MV Nordic Crusader, MV Avon Bridge, GTV Asialiner, MV Arctic Troll, MV Troll Park, MV Vancouver Forest, MV Burmah Pearl, MV Seatrain Saratoga - served on some of these vessels on several trips.

Gulpers

Chris Smith
24th September 2005, 00:18
The original question was around the Lylepark a Denholm ship that was originally built in 1929 and sunk 11th June 1942. Under the command of Captain Charles Stuart Low. His son Hamish sailed as Fifth Engineer in the new Refrigerated Cargo Ship Lylepark which was built after the war...1950 I think.

Chris

allanc
3rd November 2005, 12:34
I have a few photos of Carronpark taken in early 50s at Geelong, during my student days. As I recall, she was on her maiden voyage, written up in the local paper.
When I figure out how to do it I will post them,
Allan Collier

Sunny Jim in Rio
29th May 2006, 20:35
Ex Denholms "Naess Sovereign" Naess Champion" 1962-1968, Master was Calum MacPhee, from Barra, any old shipmates out there?

I also sailed on both of these vessels during that period. I met the late Capt Calum's cousin from New York some years ago on holidays in Barra.

I left Denholms in '68 to work for Irish Shipping. Emigrated to South Africa in '74, transferred to Rio de Janeiro in '84.

R58484956
29th May 2006, 20:39
Welcome sunny jim from the south of England, enjoy the site and all it has to offer.

theaskew
8th August 2006, 16:52
I joined the MV LYLEPARK OFF.NO 183539.GRT 5270
At TILBURY on August 1959 TO DECEMBER 59 Sorry
i cannot remember a great deal about the voyage.
Regards Artie

Tom Morton
9th August 2006, 13:45
I was apprentice on Lylepark from April 59 to December 59. My recollection is trip(s) down west africa coast, from Bathurst to Lagos , stopping at many ports both southbound and northbound. Mate's name was Ernie Warman from Aberdeen. Also recall that Lylepark was sold to Nigerian National shipping line

robertblack36
26th October 2006, 13:20
Was it the Carronpark that managed to keep sailing after one of the units on the 3 legged Doxford main engine failed. I believe that they hung-up the offending unit and procceeded towards the UK on two units before taking on a tug near the irish coast. Any of the engineers still around?
Rgds. Robert36.

kepowee
29th October 2006, 12:46
hi all has anybody any info on the tv morar denholms of glasgow an ore carrier registerd in greenock i sailed on her in 63 from port talbot she was always breaking down at sea kepowee

ARRANMAN35
29th October 2006, 17:19
hi all has anybody any info on the tv morar denholms of glasgow an ore carrier registerd in greenock i sailed on her in 63 from port talbot she was always breaking down at sea kepowee

Hi kepowee,
Sailed on her in 1961, one trip as part of a "hit sqad" to overhaul
neglected machinery, however we spent most of our time keeping
gasifiers functioning.

Believe she was sold to a German company who fitted conventional
diesel machinery in 1967 and renamed CLARI.

Cheers
Archie.

terval
30th October 2006, 11:43
Greetings. I served with Denholms for twenty years from 1961 to the bitter end when they went foreign and made us all redundant. I remember all the ships mentioned above and served on Naess Trader,Clarkeden, Clarkavon, Naess Pioneer, Gleddoch, Morar, Glenpark, Inverewe, Industria, Federal Hudson, Bibi, Fidentia, Dunadd, Vento di maestrali, Vancouver Trader, Dunelmia, Conon Forest, Sig Ragne, Nordic Trader, Scotspark, Troll Park, Vancouver Forest, the m/v Redundant, so I went to Sealink for Five years.
Now happily retired.
Regards to all
Terry

neil maclachlan
8th November 2006, 22:15
Hi Guys,
The "Morar" rings a bell in my memory. In 1950 "Rankin & Blackmores" of Greenock were trying to stay alive by building the first merchant vessel gas turbine marine engine. I was leaving to go to sea at that time and I completely lost track of what happened to the vessel the gas turbine was installed into I seem to recall the name "Morar " and she was fitted out in the James Watt Dock. When I enquired about her I was told she was nothing but trouble and eventually had the engines pulled and replaced by a diesel. Can anyone enlighten me about this as I've always been curious about the outcome of that engine?

Neil Mac.

john shaw
8th November 2006, 22:21
Quote kepowee : hi all has anybody any info on the tv morar denholms of glasgow an ore carrier registerd in greenock i sailed on her in 63 from port talbot she was always breaking down at sea kepowee

Hi-- I think you asked the same Q in the thread "ore-carriers"? This is the response I put in that thread-- I guess you didn't see it!

The Scottish OreCarriers "Morar" can be found at:

http://www.clydesite.co.uk/clydebuil...p.asp?id=18437

regards.

albatross1923
14th November 2006, 19:56
re scottish ore carriers charted by bisco i was 2nd engr on arisaig naess trader

terval
2nd December 2006, 11:18
If memory serves I did 3 on 3off with John on one of Denholm's, I think it was the Troll Park in 1979/1980. Bob Cotter was Old Man and that was the last time I saw Cathie. I thought John was living in Glasgow at the time, although I know he was from the British West Hebrides.
regards
Terry R556919.(==D)

seabee
14th September 2007, 15:49

Ettore Lucini
I was on Naess Sovereign in 1961/1962 as 4th engineer, we were running round trips from Bataan to the Gulf. I don't remember the name of the chief engineer in 1961, but beginning 1962 he was substituted by Tomas Kane, from Port Glasgow.

JimC
13th November 2007, 18:41
Hi Rae!

Jim Currie here. I was 2M on 'Naess Sovereign on her maiden voyage - Master was Edwards, Mate Charlie Dewer, Myself and Mac Reynolds as 3rd M.
Tim Fitzearl (ex Ben Line) was Apprentice as was a lad named Condon (I think). John Grogan was Ch. Steward.

I sailed with the 'great fag roller McFee from Barra when he was Mate on the Ormsary'. The story was that he was a Chippy on one of the company vessels sunk by the germans during the war. The crew were transfered to a Japanese POW camp where Calum was tutored by the MN officers there. He returned after the war and the story is well known after that. The Nav officers on the 'Ormsary in february, 1953 were Capt. Brown (ex POW), McFee, Mate, Davie Mckelvie, 2M, (Died at Oban a few years ago), Willie McRae, 3rdM. Alex McConn, Snr. Apprentice and yours truly.
I was HM at Tarbert recently and met Archie Mccallum (Master,Fisheries Protection). He was on the 'Naess Sovereign' on her last voyage - made me feel I shot an Albatross or something!!!

JimC
13th November 2007, 19:33
Hi there!

Saw your list. I sailed on a few of these but noticed that the 'Ormsary' and 'Gleddoch were missing. They were around at that time. In fact I joined the former in February, 1953 and it wasn't her maiden voyage.

JIm C

JimC
13th November 2007, 19:34
Entorre,

The chief E at that time was an ex RN engineering officer. Cant remember his name but he was in his late 50's I think!

JimC
13th November 2007, 19:42
Sailed on the Dunadd on her maiden voyage to 7 Islands. Broke down a few times then in a storm mixed with thick fog and icebergs, the spare anchor broke loose from it's stowage position in the forward 'dry cargo hold' and went through the ship's side. Spent lots of anxious hours riding the damn thing amid icy waters trying to chain it down before it sank us. Eventually limped into St. John Newfoundland for repairs - yep! Happy days indeed!

Jim Currie

muldonaich
13th November 2007, 19:45
Entorre,

The chief E at that time was an ex RN engineering officer. Cant remember his name but he was in his late 50's I think! would that have been carson by any chance something to do with the clyde during the war regards kev.

ARRANMAN35
13th November 2007, 20:02
Hi,
Did the gent in question wear a beret with both Royal and MN
badges.

I think his previous career was Clyde based, with the then MOT.

Archie

randcmackenzie
13th November 2007, 22:25
Hi,
Did the gent in question wear a beret with both Royal and MN
badges.

I think his previous career was Clyde based, with the then MOT.

Archie

There may have been a Carson, but wasn't the Chief on the Sovereign an ex RN called Robertson?

ARRANMAN35
14th November 2007, 16:14
Hi,
Don't know about the Naess Sovereign C/E.

The one I knew as George Carson spent his time on
Scottish Ore Carriers, Dunadd etc and the smaller ones
Craigallian, I would say that he was a trifle eccentric.

Archie

muldonaich
14th November 2007, 18:46
Hi,
Don't know about the Naess Sovereign C/E.

The one I knew as George Carson spent his time on
Scottish Ore Carriers, Dunadd etc and the smaller ones
Craigallian, I would say that he was a trifle eccentric.

Archiethats him wore a stetson slept under a blanket in his chair kev.

Argyll
14th November 2007, 19:06
Sailed on the Dunadd on her maiden voyage to 7 Islands. Broke down a few times then in a storm mixed with thick fog and icebergs, the spare anchor broke loose from it's stowage position in the forward 'dry cargo hold' and went through the ship's side. Spent lots of anxious hours riding the damn thing amid icy waters trying to chain it down before it sank us. Eventually limped into St. John Newfoundland for repairs - yep! Happy days indeed!

Jim Currie

Hi Jim you old dog,
Nice you on line how are things with you and good lady, not much change in Tarbert ,MacLeod sold boat
Alistair (Argyll) 1306

raybeti
14th November 2007, 20:34
Hi Jim you old dog,
Nice you on line how are things with you and good lady, not much change in Tarbert ,MacLeod sold boat
Alistair (Argyll) 1306

The former C?E ex R.N on the "Sovereign2 was Commander Ferguson

ARRANMAN35
14th November 2007, 20:35
thats him wore a stetson slept under a blanket in his chair kev.

Hi
Same gent, don't know where he went after J&J.

Archie

JimC
26th November 2007, 19:44
Hi there,

I sailed on the Mountpark, Broompark and Wellpark. Denholms started ore carrying with the Gleddoch and the Ormsary and I sailed on both as Apprentice and later as 3rd mate. I served on Mountpark at the Suez fiasco when she was the ammo ship for the invasion. I think the earlier 1953 list must have been out of date because If I remember correctly, Gleddoch was built in 1952 and I joined Ormasary in Feb., 1953 on her second or third voyage. Correct me if I'm wrong.

JimC
27th November 2007, 14:07
Hi there!

I was apprentice on the Mountpark during the Suez 'thing'. Ernie Warman was Mate. Tommy Cormack master and Bobbie Kinder was 2nd Mate. Funnyly enough; I can't remember the name of the 3rd. Mate.. can anyone out there remember it. I know I'm probably taxing some well-worn memory banks but it's worth a try!.

JimC
27th November 2007, 14:17
Further to my last - in fact, in 1955, the company was very new to tankers. As I recall; the first one was 'Norscot' built by Charlie Connel in about 1953. She had an owner consortium which included among others: Viscount Montgomerie, the Connel family and the Denholm. Shortly after that came the Scotstoun and the Gaelic Fidelity and Gaelic Integrity. The last two were ex old BTC ships - old being the proper description. I was 3rd. Mate on the 'Fidelity when she went to Marseilles to load 'parcels' of mixed cargo. We went to drydock there and whilst in dock the surveyor put his hammer through the bottom. This was patched with a cement block then we went to the loading berth and loaded for (I think) Cherbourg. When we arrived at the discharge port we found that the cargo had leached through the rotten bulkheads and was mixed like a James Bond cocktail. We discharged into lighters then went to gas free at Antwerp. Following that the ship was virtually hauled up on the mud and abandoned as scrap.

muldonaich
27th November 2007, 19:39
Hi there!

I was apprentice on the Mountpark during the Suez 'thing'. Ernie Warman was Mate. Tommy Cormack master and Bobbie Kinder was 2nd Mate. Funnyly enough; I can't remember the name of the 3rd. Mate.. can anyone out there remember it. I know I'm probably taxing some well-worn memory banks but it's worth a try!.tommy cormack great oldman ernie warman was ok to had the pleasure of sailing with them both kev.

Jim Mclaughlin
15th October 2008, 09:30
Hi anyone sail on the Industria in 76/77 my first ship as deck boy.
Joined her at a foggy le Harve. First duty as i recall (PEGGY).
Loved the Caribean island hopping. Fond memories of Martinique where some certain ladies came aboard. Also sailed on the Benhope 78 some good guys on her all Young and crazy

joller6
21st October 2008, 08:06
Hi to All

I sailed on the MV Industria ( Jan 78 - Aug 78 ). My 1st trip straight out of the peanut factory. Joined in Cardiff, crew managed to wreck a sailing dingy the OLD Man had picked up mid atlantic. Dropped it staight down #5 hold. Went Venezula, States then to Gulf. Brought her back to Wallsend drydock eventually to handover to Indian buyers. Crew just like the United Nations Brummies,Cockneys, Irish, on deck, Scottish in galley ( Great food ) & welsh down with the donkeys. (Thumb)

Hello Colin,
Just wonder if you may have a Pic of that Ship MV Industria!
Thanks for that
joller6

acr
5th April 2009, 21:30
NEIL C
MEMBER'
I was a deck boy on the INVEREWE, aDENHOLMS, bulk carrier sailed out of North Sheilds 1960,s .During that time she was fitted with a self discharging crane which ran up the deck on rails ,i dont think it was very successful as it was constantly breaking down and very unstable in bad weather .
I recall we had 7 barra boys as crew ,me being one of them.

i was also on the inverewe, seccond cook & baker from sept66-oct67.

we were on charter for 9 mths between Haverstraw(new york)-and Nassau Bahammas with large rocks to build a break water, good runs ashore, but unfortinately lost 2 crew members, this was my last ship, left and joined glasgow police.

Sabatini
16th April 2009, 23:09
I was with Denholms from 1956 until 1968, started with the Ormsary and ended with the Ness Lousiana, I think ernie warman was on her on one of her trips but it was willie mac allister who was on her at the end of 1967,
nice to hear about all the old ships and crews! S

Gerard Carmichael
22nd July 2009, 19:12
SHIPPED OUT ON CARRONPARK 27/3/51 To Aussie,then picked up,on Phosphate run, Ocean Islands,& Nauru to Geelong on till 15/4/52. Capt.Cant,(Perth)spelt with A he used to say. ( O.S.)
SHIPPED OUT ON NORSCOT 20/10/54 ( BP & Shell Charter.) Persian Gulf
to South America. (landed Buenos Aires at overthrow President Peron.)
left 27/07/55 Capt.MacPhee ( Barra) (as AB ) Full crew of Western Isles,except 2 Glasgow.
Anyone still breathing around these times. Orrabest Orratime. Gerry C

teb
23rd July 2009, 10:23
G'Day from WA Gerard- Never sailed on Carronpark but she was one the vessels in my Management Group (Group D) when you sailed on her all those years ago at that time all the Denholm Family Owned vessels were in my group.Regards Teb.

Gerard Carmichael
23rd July 2009, 21:12
Would appriciate a couple of your Carronpark photos,was seaman aboard her 1951. Geelong to Ocean Islands. regards

I have a few photos of Carronpark taken in early 50s at Geelong, during my student days. As I recall, she was on her maiden voyage, written up in the local paper.
When I figure out how to do it I will post them,
Allan Collier

Gerard Carmichael
23rd July 2009, 21:21
Thank you, for your reminders I recall now the Carronpark had a soccer team and played against other ships who were in port at the same time.We also carried bulk cargos but took 8 or 9 days to discharge; and a tot of rum on Sundays at sea They were good times; We have come a long way in the last 50 years (Applause) (Applause)

When were you on Carronpark? likewise we played everytime returning to Geelong from Ocean Islands,or Nauru ( joined Carronpark 3/1951 until 4/52 )
was her 2nd voyage. Capt.Cant used to supply acase of beer if we won,or
stopped subs if we lost.

randcmackenzie
23rd July 2009, 22:39
My uncle, Kenny MacKenzie, was 3rd Mate on Carronpark around this time, and I recall him speaking of Captain Cant, Mate Dougie MacDonald, and Second Mate Ken Turner.

I sailed with Ken Turner twice myself when he was Master.

Best Regards.

Gerard Carmichael
1st August 2009, 21:34
G'Day from WA Gerard- Never sailed on Carronpark but she was one the vessels in my Management Group (Group D) when you sailed on her all those years ago at that time all the Denholm Family Owned vessels were in my group.Regards Teb.

Hi teb, thanks for ur info,I remember well arriving in Darwin, late 50's an old hospital ship was lying on its side at the Jetty,had to discharge prefab. houses on makeshift pier. Then up to Port Morsby, more houses and cars,met the last of the Gold Miners working outside Moresby. The Carronpark was slow
but those days speed meant little. Regards GerryC

Q_4
29th December 2009, 02:51
My father's first sea-going experience was on the SS Garvelpark. He salied on her from Nov 54 to Jan 55. Sadly he passed away several years ago but I have been collating a montage of the ships he sailed on and have not been able to find an image of the Garvelpark. If anyone reading this thread has a picture, however bad(!) I'd love to get hold of a copy. Sincerely, Bob Dick

kevin brennan
10th June 2012, 11:14
Hi. all of you ex Carronparkers.

I was fifteen when I left England on Saturday 9 July 1949 aboard the Carronpark, sailing just before midnight to avoid a tug strike, from the cement wharf at Northfleet on the river Thames.
The ship was on her maiden voyage with a load of bagged cement for New Zealand. Our destination was Napier, which we reached on 25 August, a passage of forty seven days.
For a ship of 9270 dead weight tons, we had a crew of thirty six, plus two supernumeraries, the guarantee engineer and myself.
I was working my way to N.Z., and only blotted my copy book twice during the trip, first knocking the First Mate's megaphone overboard when going through Miraflores Lock, and second by flooding the hospital, where I slept, when I did not tighten the porthole lugs and it burst open during a mid-ocean storm.
Kids can't have those sorts of experiences these days.
I also have a full crew list for that voyage.
Kevin Brennan.

stan mayes
10th June 2012, 12:00
Hi Kevin,
I took a photo of Carronpark as she arrived at Cristobal on 25th July 1949
when you were in her...I posted it in the gallery in Cargo ships.
I was in the tanker San Roberto at the time.
There are also other photos of Carronpark in the gallery..
Stan

kevin brennan
11th June 2012, 02:59
Hi Stan,
Good to hear from you after so long.
Your photo has pride of place in my memoirs, covering my emigration to N.Z. I am now touching eighty, so thought I would leave my grandchildren an account of my life. I remember the crew talking about the 'San Boats', and seeing them on that 1949 voyage.
Locally we have had the grounding of the container ship 'Rena' on the Astrolabe Reef off the port of Tauranga. The captain took a short cut and went aground at 17 knots. She is now in two halves, plenty of salvage to go yet.
Go well,
Kevin

kevin brennan
11th June 2012, 03:09
Hi KMGAS
My email to you was returned, addressee rejected.
Would you like to post a message under Carronpark.
Regards,
Kevin.

John Briggs
11th June 2012, 04:40
I was Master on her in 1969 when she was named "Asia Breeze" and was operated by John Manners of Hong Kong.
I stayed with her as Master when she was sold to Filipino owners and renamed "Atlas Navigator" in 1970.
A nice ship as I recall!

kevin brennan
11th June 2012, 12:43
Hi John,
The old ship went through many hands before she went to the knackers yard. When she was built she was a new breed. Single cabins for the crew was a first, I believe. Sounds as though you liked her. Was she your first command? Our captain was a Scotsman from Dundee, Alexander Cant, aged 44. His last ship was the Garvelpark. We experienced a severe south west gale about a week out from Napier, bad enough to have the captain on the bridge for over twenty four hours. The goss was that we almost reached maximum recoverable
roll !!
All the best.
Kevin.

John Briggs
11th June 2012, 14:19
Thanks Kevin. She was my third ship as master as I spent a few years previously
on a couple of second hand jobs, one of them being the old Trelevan of Haines.

Yes, I did like her, but then again I liked all the ships I was on!

Best wishes