Friargate

John
15th May 2005, 03:29
Can anyone help with information and/or photograph of an East Coast collier named "Friargate". She was in service in the late 1940's and I don't think she was all that new at that time. As a ten year old I was taken on a trip from London to Newcastle on her - I think it was intended to try to put me off a life at sea! It did not work.

awateah2
15th May 2005, 06:23
Have 2 photos of the 'Friargate' built 1946 by Goole S.B. later became 'Yewcroft;, Stewarts of Glasgow. I think the one Zelda mentions is the previous vessel of that name built in the 30's and converted into a Sand Dredger working in the Solent, mainly into Cowes. Please contact me with Email address if you would like me to forward them to you
Regards

WLH
16th May 2005, 14:07
Have 2 photos of the 'Friargate' built 1946 by Goole S.B. later became 'Yewcroft;, Stewarts of Glasgow. I think the one Zelda mentions is the previous vessel of that name built in the 30's and converted into a Sand Dredger working in the Solent, mainly into Cowes. Please contact me with Email address if you would like me to forward them to you
Regards
Interested in Friargate (s), living in Cowes, used to see her regularly, also Stewarts of Glasgow brough coal from NE.
Have not used this system before and hope it gets though.
Regards WLH, Cowes.

Ron B Manderson
16th May 2005, 14:10
Welcome John to the best and maddest site on the web
You will gat all the help and assit you need here.
It's just like the good book says
Ask and thou will recieve
lol
Ron