Submarine pigeon traps criticised ( BBC )

Gavin Gait
6th March 2008, 22:42
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hampshire/7281119.stm

treeve
6th March 2008, 22:53
Millions of years of evolution, thousands of years of buildings and ships being constructed, and all of a sudden pigeons are a threat. I see the same in this town, nets all over the place, with dead birds hanging from them for months.

JoK
7th March 2008, 03:33
Cry me a river.
Pigeon **** is deadly. Google it, it will scare you half to death what is in the stuff and what it can do to you. I was taking care of a couple of laid up ships, it got so bad, I refused to go down to them until the issue was addressed. There was tons of pigeon guano on the decks. We had to live trap the pigeons to get rid of them, as well.

AncientBrit
7th March 2008, 07:01
Wasnt Legionaires Disease caused by pigeon guano in convention centre ventilation system?
A rancher did tell me one time, that to solve the problem of nuisance or troublesome birds they first find out where the birds roost at night and during the day rig up spray lines all round the area, top up the pressure washer with a mixture 20 to 1 water and liquid soap. Wait till the temperature at night falls below freezing and at midnight crank up the washer. I'm not suggesting that you try this. Heaven forbid, your neighbours may not look too kindly on it. The guy that told me about it, his ranch buildings are 25 miles from the ranch gate so he doesnt have problem neighbours.....nor birds any more!
AB