Time Difference

Alan Rae
14th March 2008, 13:30
I've asked this question before(not on this site)of many computer buffs/experts but do not recall getting a satisfactory answer.Time on my tool bar says 12.44 your clock says 12.24.I can correct the tool bar time,no problem,but it always ends up different from my actual local time after shutting down and re-booting.Can anybody give me a logical,understandable,explanation??Alan(Cloud)

PAULD
14th March 2008, 14:26
When you click on adjust time etc, you get a new window up, mine has three tabs on, one marked " internet time" click on that, is the box for auto sync ticked, then i use
time.windows.com
as the server had have no trouble

K urgess
14th March 2008, 14:34
It's probably your browser not updating the web page. That is, it's showing the time you first opened the page.
Try forcing your browser to reload the page rather than allowing it to show one from the cache.
My current page shows 13.31 whereas I know its now 13.34.
I'm not going to force a reload until I've posted this this time. Last time it wiped all my typing [=P]
Still showing 13.31 and now I shall post.

Cheers
Kris

K urgess
14th March 2008, 14:36
It's still showing 13.31
Have you set the correct time zone on your PC clock?

Kris

K urgess
14th March 2008, 14:37
Just forced a page reload and it's caught up with my PC clock.

Kris

sparkie2182
14th March 2008, 22:47
a handy site for accurate clock calibration.........

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/atomic-clock/

its the secret weapon of successfull online auctioneering

kmgas
15th March 2008, 03:48
This is an interesting clock.

http://home.tiscali.nl/annejan/swf/timeline.swf

benjidog
15th March 2008, 16:02
Marconi Sahib has I think cracked the main question so I won't add anything on that score.

If you are interested in time, you may be interested in this site: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/personal.html.

I use it regularly to check times in different areas for international conference calls etc. You can customise a personal clock that shows the cities you are interested in and it shows the current time in each.

Brian

linerrich
15th March 2008, 16:07
Here in the States we switched to Daylight Saving Time last week. The time is correct on my computer, but the time at the top of the SN page is now an hour off. Any suggestions on how to adjust that? Thanks!

Rich

K urgess
15th March 2008, 16:39
You must go to your control panel (top right)
Go into options and set the DST setting.

Kris

Bruce Carson
15th March 2008, 16:41
Here in the States we switched to Daylight Saving Time last week. The time is correct on my computer, but the time at the top of the SN page is now an hour off. Any suggestions on how to adjust that? Thanks!

Rich
That's strange.
I also am on DST since last week and the SN clock made the change automatically.
Bruce

John Rogers
15th March 2008, 17:34
Same for me,the clocks are in sync,Taskbar and SN.

John

linerrich
15th March 2008, 17:49
Aha!--my DST settings were off. Now my SN page time is corrected. Thanks for your answers!

Rich

Alan Rae
16th March 2008, 14:59
Thanks for all the help.Apparently my firewall was preventing update of the clock.Now behaving itself-thanks again.Alan

sparkie2182
16th March 2008, 20:17
thanks kmgas for the vernier clock............

reminded me of my old sliderule and sextant vernier........:)