SHERBURN verses SHERBURN

Rory
21st March 2008, 05:23
Hello All;
Wonder if one of our learned gentlemen might solve this problem I am having regarding a ship named SHERBURN later named ISLINGTON. Built Ouse, Hook Yard 57 in 1920.
Names from Mirimar: [LD as WAR OUSE] - 28 ISLINGTON - 35 MARY II - 37 RIVER TYNE. scuttled Dieppe 10.6.40
The problem I am having is this. I have a poor book scan of ISLINGTON-28 as a Kelly Boat. Then I have a scan of a French postcard of a vessel named SHERBURN registered in Sunderland. These two are very different as you can see, but I cannot find anything else for the 1920 date and builder. Any help sorting this one out will be most appreciated.
Cheers,
Rory

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff309/Rory_POC/SHERBURN_later_ISLINGTON_1920.jpg

Rory
21st March 2008, 05:45
Gentlemen;
Just a quick follow up about the Ouse SB vessel. Based on Goole Shipbuilding on George's RIVERSEA site. Their vessel was a WW1 C5 Class coaster. There is a drawing there, and it does represent the book scan of the Kelly Boat. I would like to know if possible what that other SHERBURN might be, and from where.
Thanks
Rory