Hello

esaelk
29th March 2008, 14:16
I am a new member who probably has little to offer but I think you have much to offer me. My perspective on ships is from a lighthouse where I spent my childhood in the 1950's and 60's. off the coast of far North Queensland. Reading around this site is a bit like looking through the big telescope and seeing somebody looking back from the ship.

I expect to enjoy myself here.

trotterdotpom
29th March 2008, 14:32
Which lights did you live at Esaelk? Many of us must have passed them sailing through the Barrier Reef - espcially the Gladstone-Weipa fraternity.

I too spent some time on lighthouses although not as much as you, quack quack!

Welcom to SN.

John T.

K urgess
29th March 2008, 14:34
Welcome aboard from northern England.
Nice introduction, now's your chance to see the lighthouse from the ship.
Join in and enjoy the voyage.

gdynia
29th March 2008, 14:35
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

benjidog
29th March 2008, 15:46
Welcome from Lancashire.

I hope you will enjoy the site and I am sure you will find you can contribute in some way or another.

From lighthouses to rain forests - sounds like you like your peace and quiet!

Regards,

Brian

Bruce Carson
30th March 2008, 04:25
From Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia.
It may surprise you how you will be drawn into our discussions.
Good to have you onboard.

Bruce

esaelk
31st March 2008, 13:43
Thanks for your responses. I am still getting used to this technology and am always surprised when it works. I'm liable to press the wrong button at any minute so please bear with me if things don't come out right.

Which lights did I live on? Well, Booby and Goods Islands in the Torres strait until 1955, to Fifzroy Island, out from cairns, until '61, then back to Booby to '65 and then to Cape Moreton until "69. Which were you on John? Were you a keeper? Perhaps you knew my Father, Harold Klease.

Yes Brian the rain forest suits me well. You don't spend the first 8 years of your life on remote lighthouses and grow up liking crowds or cities or even small towns really.

Cheers
Bill