Qe2

stephenlaverack
30th March 2008, 19:28
Hi everyone,

Greetings from Johannesburg!

Can anyone tell me whether the QE2 is still going to be refitted in Bremerhaven after her World Cruise despite being sold? I understand that she will be refitted from 18 - 27 April 2008. P.s. I'm taking my first cruise with QE2 in June. This is a lifetime dream and I want to make sure she looks her best!

Regards

Stephen

non descript
30th March 2008, 20:18
Stephen, a warm welcome to you; hopefully someone will be able to give you a definitive answer on QE 2; in the meantime thank you for joining the community, enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings in due course. Bon Voyage

K urgess
30th March 2008, 21:14
Welcome to the crew, Stephen.
I'm sure someone aboard will be able to answer your query soon enough.
Meanwhile explore the ship, join in and enjoy the voyage.

benjidog
30th March 2008, 21:29
Welcome from Lancashire UK.

Can't help with your query but you might as well take a good look around while you are waiting for an answer - which knowing our members won't be too long.

Regards,

Brian

gdynia
31st March 2008, 06:00
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

joller6
31st March 2008, 07:16
Hello Stephen,
Welcome to this great site,hope your stay will be filled with good info and experiences.

As far as i have heard (and i hope this is correct) the 70,000 Ton QE2 left Freemantle for the last time earlier this Month (March 5th i think) and is doing her last World Cruise,after which she will have a full one Year refit,and then become a floating Hotel,and will cost the new owners a cool $3,000,000.
Hope this helps and also you are very lucky to be able to go on her,happy Holiday!
Cheers
joller6

joller6
31st March 2008, 07:21
Here is her Itinerary for 2008 last World Cruise.

http://www.qe2.org.uk/itinerary.html#Mar

Cheers
joller6

Bruce Carson
31st March 2008, 14:20
From Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia, Stephen.
Enjoy your cruise and perhaps we'll have a comment or two on the liner when you return.

Bruce

rummager
31st March 2008, 14:49
Hi Stephen,

I have just read a press release that the QE2 will be refitted at Southampton.

All three of the Queens will be in Southampton at the same time on Tuesday 22th April 2008. I hope to get there to see them.
Queen Mary 2 sailing to New York, Queen Victoria on a cruise and the Queen Elizabeth 2 for refit.
I shall be sailing on the QE2 on the 27th.April 2008 after her refit.

Regards,

Rummager (Bob)(Thumb)

stephenlaverack
31st March 2008, 20:33
Hi Bob,

Thanks very much for the information. I would love to be in Southampton to see the three Queens! Have a stunning trip on the QE2! We're leaving Southampton on 25 June on the Norwegian Wonders cruise. I have wanted to take a voyage on the QE2 since I was 7 years old, I'm so excited! I wonder if there is any chance of a visit to the bridge and engine room?

When I lived in the UK, I travelled to Southampton to welcome the QE2 back after her 1986 refit, I was 13 then!

Regards

Stephen

saltcay
1st April 2008, 03:14
Welcome to the group, and to the list of people who have had the pleasure of experiencing the QE2. I sailed on her in 2003, and will be doing her final transatlantic crossing in October, 2008. I look forward to posting my future memories of her!

Paul UK
1st April 2008, 17:09
Yes I have been a passenger on QE2 in 2004 I took my parents for their Golden Wedding anniversary and the crew treated them like a King and Queen you will have a fantastic time.

Paul