Hello

dennytank5
1st April 2008, 18:02
Recent convert to this excellent site.
Lifelong interest in all types of ships stemming from a childhood largely spent watching and trying to identify ships as they passed Dumbarton Rock on the Clyde. Real passion is Denny-built ships, again from time spent as a child living close to the Leven Shipyard.
Look forward to a long association with the site.
Colin

sparkie2182
1st April 2008, 18:06
hello denny........... from cumbria

K urgess
1st April 2008, 18:33
Welcome to the crew, Colin.
A pleasant pastime I imagine, but sadly lacking in traffic now.
Find your way around this ship, join in and enjoy the voyage.

Bruce Carson
1st April 2008, 19:06
From Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia, Colin.
Good to have you onboard.
Make yourself at home and join in our friendly conversations.

Bruce

benjidog
1st April 2008, 20:03
Welcome to SN from Lancashire.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

ian d.cameron
1st April 2008, 20:54
Hi Colin, donít know if you know this one, but here it is anyway.
A few ships build at Dumbarton on clydebuilt
Open link
http://www.clydesite.co.uk/clydebuilt/

Click on Search for Ships
Click the down arrow in Any Shipbuilder
Select Dumbarton
and click Search.
Thereís one or two there.

Jim MacIntyre
2nd April 2008, 00:44
Hello Colin and welcome to the site.
When I saw your screen name and read your intro I couldn't wait to raise a question. I am looking for plans of MacBrayne's 'Loch Seaforth'. I intend eventually to build a model of the ship. So far I have had no success.
Some of the SN members have helped in the past but we have yet to find suitable plans. The National Maritime Museum does hold the Denny files but what they have on the 'Seaforth' does not include hull lines.
I have been all over the place looking - NMM as mentioned, Glasgow University, The Ballast Trust (they even checked with the Denny Tank in Dumbarton who admitted their plans for the ship were 'lost'), the MCA through a colleague in SN. I even had an e-mail exchange with Donald Meek, one of the co-authors of 'The Kingdon of MacBrayne' to see if he knew of anything in his research for the book. Still no luck. I contacted Museum nan Eilan in Stornoway since I think they have the yard model on display - no plans. I've recently been in touch with a member of The MacBrayne Circle (They are into preserving the buses) there were a couple of members familiar with the shipping side but no ideas on plans)
So, Colin, do you have any suggestions as to where I might continue my search ?? Any pointers appreciated.
Cheers
Jim Mac

gdynia
2nd April 2008, 04:30
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

GWB
2nd April 2008, 13:48
Welcome aboard enjoy the site.
GWB