Hello, I'm new in this Forum. I am Jan7

Jan7
2nd April 2008, 18:24
Hello, my friends!

I'm Juan Jaramillo. I'm an spaniard. With a group of friends, I'm in a Investigation in the WWII. On a submarine, the U-617. Because this persons come back home in the SS Antenor (built in 1925) in the year 1945, I looking forward a message in the apropiate subforum.

More details in posterior post.

Jan.

K urgess
2nd April 2008, 18:27
Welcome aboard from northern England, Juan.
Find your way around the ship, join in and enjoy the voyage.

non descript
2nd April 2008, 18:51
Juan, a warm welcome to you; thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings in due course. Bon Voyage

benjidog
2nd April 2008, 19:32
Welcome to SN from the north of England.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

You will find some information about that submarine here: http://uboat.net/boats/u617.htm

Regards,

Brian

sparkie2182
2nd April 2008, 22:39
hello from cumbria.........england

Derek Roger
2nd April 2008, 23:57
Welcome from Canada .... Regards Derek

joller6
3rd April 2008, 00:58
Welcome from Australia,enjoy your stay i am sure you will find lots of info soon.
joller6

Steve Woodward
3rd April 2008, 02:44
Jan7 - welcome to SN from Suffolk, enjoy your time with us

U 617 was a type VIIC built 1940-2 by Blohm & Voss of Hamburg
The type 7C was the mainstay of the Uboat fleet and something like 560-70 were built
L 67.1 B 6.20 Dr 4.75 mts Disp on surface 770 submerged 871 tons max dive depth 230 mts
Machinery : Twin screws, two 6 cyl M6V 40/46 Germaniawerft diesels fitted with supercghargers, each 1,600 BHP or two 375 BHP electric motors, range 8000 miles
Armament : five torpedo tubes, four fwd and one aft and 14 53.3 cm torpedoes, and a single 88mm C45 deck gun, crew about 50 men
U617 was attacked by British aircaft in the Meditteranean on the 12th. Sept 1943 off the port of Melilla, Morocco. She was run aground and abandoned by her crew, all 49 survived. The wreck was destroyed by the Flower class Corvette Hyacinth and a Bathurts class minesweeper HMAS Wollongong.
How the crew came to be on the SS Antenor I do not know - sorry this is all I have
Steve

gdynia
3rd April 2008, 06:05
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

Jan7
3rd April 2008, 09:56
Marconi Sahib, Tonga, benjidog, sparkie2182, Steve Woodward, gdynia,…….
Many thanks for your warm welcome!

I explain more from me an my motifs of my register in this Forum.
I’m 47 years old. If I’m self define as an amateur scientist. I am a fan of Hobbies as the “Short Wave Listening” or Astronomy, the computers, for example. I learn written English, don’t speak much……And read more pages in your language in the web.

Four years ago, I joined to the http://www.u-historia.com (http://www.u-historia.com/)/ Forum and web page dedicated to disseminate the History of the German U-Boote and UBootwaffe in Spanish.

In a group of friends, are in a Historical Investigation as explain in the following post.
Also, as a person very curious, I joined to International Forums in research of new materials.

sparkie2182: The number in your nick is the frequency in KHz about emergency matters?

Jan.

Jan7
4th April 2008, 12:52
Derek Roger, joller6 I forgot you! oops::o I'm sorry.
Many thanks for your warm welcome!

As all you seen, I move my message at the Research Ship subforum...Its more adecuate in basis at his matter....

Jan.