Locked out of Ebay

nhp651
3rd April 2008, 20:02
Last night whilst browsing ebay.co.uk up popped an email notification that I had successfully listed a Honda Trike for sale.
Scratching my head, I had a look, and there for the world to see was an absolutely beautiful Honda Goldwing 1800cc trike for a mere $99.00 on the U.S. site.( actually worth about $40,000.00)
Scratching my head a little more I thought that if I did own this there is no way I would be wanting to sell it.
Then my blood started to boil and I emailed Ebay to ask what the hell was going on with my account.
I got an email back to say that it had been a fraudulent access to my account, but had been deleted from my account and that all monies had been re instated to my bank account.
Since then absolutely nothing!(Cloud) Naff all.
In their ultimate wisdom, Ebay have now blocked my password from being used and allowing me to log on,
And if I want to get back onto Ebay I have to re register with a new name etc, and loose all my feedback of over 100.
Has anyone else suffered this total cock up on Ebay's part, and if so what did you do.
I've tried everything that ebay say I should do, all b****y day, in fact! and still can't get onto site.
Any suggestions would be greatfully accepted, but keep it clean folks!(Cloud)

Gavin Gait
3rd April 2008, 20:53
Someones hacked your account Neil. It happened to my Mother last year and they need 3-4 days to look into things. After 4 days send them an Email asking whats going on and asking for the account password to be reset and the new temporary one sent to your registration Email address. This might take a day or so but after that should be ok.

Davie

ssr481
3rd April 2008, 21:36
I had someone hack my ebay account last year.. I'd not used it in a couple of years..

Told Ebay that it wasn't me.. had them change my password, clear up the account, etc.

That's one thing to do...when you do a password, create one with special characters, - ! @ # $ etc. in it that only you can remember... (something I deal with at work anyway...)

Peter4447
3rd April 2008, 21:55
Had a problem a couple of years back when I suddenly found I was selling radios, TV's, DVD Players etc from somewhere in the USA - apparently there is a money making scam involved. Had to change password but I did find E Bay were very helpful and I did not lose my stars so just keep at them via e-mail.
Peter(Smoke)

nhp651
3rd April 2008, 22:49
thanks lads for your help.I sppose they have many plonkers like me who use the same id for lots of things and get round to me in turn. I've learned my lesson and will now find the most obscure ones just for ebay. thanks again. neil.
I hope you don't take this the wrong way but I'm glad I'm not the only one it's happened to.makes me feel a little better.cheers,neil.(Thumb)

Trevorw
4th April 2008, 00:18
Similar thing happened to me. E Bay said I had bought a wedding dress from someone in California and they proposed to bill me for $500 via Paypal. Contacted Paypal and denied all knowledge, rang my bank and asked them to block any such payments. By return, Paypal said they had cancelled this item and asked me to change my password - which I did - since then, no problems - touch wood!