MV Normandy (ex St Nicholas)

wigger
3rd April 2008, 21:06
Whilst at Portland this afternoon I saw the Normandy (ex St Nicolas) sailing into Weymouth Bay for bunkering. The most recent photos of her I have seen show her in her Irish Ferries colour scheme but today she had a plain white hull with a red and white funnel. Does anybody have any info on where she would be heading? why the new colour scheme etc? Thanks everyone!

PS, here is a small picture, taken from a distance so please excuse the poor quality.

Fred Wood
14th April 2008, 17:41
She has come to Almeria, Spain, to operate from Spain to Melilla and Nador for Acciona Trasmediterranea. I saw her in Almeria this morning, and they still havn´t applied the hull logos. I'll try to take a couple of photos.

Fred

wigger
28th April 2008, 22:10
Thanks Fred!

Fred Wood
21st May 2008, 16:58
As promised, attached is a photo of the NORMANY sailing from Almeria to Nador this morning at 11.00. I'm sorry that the quality is a bit bad: mobile-fone-foto. I was caught without my camera this morning, but I'll try again.

Interestingly, the NORAMNDY is operating what was Cenargo's Ferrimaroc service from Spain to Morocco. The line started back in 1993 with the SCIROCCO, the ex ST EDMUND. Also, recently the former PRINCES BEATRIX has operated the route, so this seems the place to come for old Harwich-Hook ships.

wigger
21st May 2008, 20:35
Nice one Fred, thanks for posting it. You got a better quality picture than I managed! :)

abdelkarim
27th June 2008, 21:15
The Normandy is chartred for FerriMaroc/Acciona group(only summertime) from Almeria to Nador.
Have you more photos of the Normandy??

ronniethegoo
7th July 2008, 22:32
Hairoil. I've a few Normandy photos but only in Irish Ferries livery.

Sweeetpants
8th July 2008, 00:12
I have a few of the interior, esp cabin 981.

abdelkarim
21st September 2008, 12:36
oke lets see it

Lillywhite
22nd September 2008, 14:16
I don't think you'd wanna see pics of cabin 981!!!(EEK)

abdelkarim
23rd September 2008, 17:13
hahahah:P
that is not a problem