"Happy "National Maritime Day-India"-5th April 2008

Rudolph.A.Furtado
5th April 2008, 06:33
Hi International Sailors,
I'm Rudolph.A.Furtado from India and decided to introduce myself on the auspiscious occassion of India's National Maritime Day, since my earnings and World travels are from the "Merchant Navy" as also our entire "Family Wealth"!
My father Late Louis. John.Furtado joined the "British India Steam Navigation" in 1945 as a "Tally Clerk" and ended his career as a "Cargo Supervisor" in 1979.As for me, it was a 4-year apprenticeship in "Marine Engineering" from 1978 to 1982 at Mazgon Dock Limited(Mumbai) and then a sea-faring career, beginnig as 5/E/O in "Mogul Line Ltd" in 1983 and then various other companies and ranks, finally voluntarily retiring in 2006 as "2/E/O" from "Shipping Corporation of India".
Bored of our brief "Family Biography"? Proud to have been part and parcel of the "Shipping Industry"(Jester) .Tragically, change is everlasting, as also "Shipping Companies" and "Ship Colleagues". Dad's generation of sea-farers and shipping tradition is almost extinct as also the company "British India Steam Navigation". "Scindia Steam Navigation", a blue chip company and pioneer of Indian shipping in the 1940's is also extinct, the only memory being the celebration of "India's National Maritime Day" in honour of a Scindia ship "M.V.Loyalty's" pioneering sea voyage.
I accidentally discovered this site in my search for another pioneering Indian shipping tycoon , Mr Ravi Tikkoo of "Globetik tankers" fame. Has Mr Ravi Tikko also become extinct since he is totally unheard in either gossips or shipping news?
I myself have quit "Sailing Voyages" due to personal reasons and taken an absolutely different vocation in "Personal Money Management"!(Jester).
Hope my "Personal Financial Management" is as successful as our long family tradition of 60 years of "SHIPPING TRADITION" in the "FAMILY".

Pat McCardle
5th April 2008, 09:13
Welcome Rudolph & a Happy Maritime Day to you too!!

hawkey01
5th April 2008, 10:48
Rudolph,

welcome to SN, I hope you enjoy the forum.

Hawkey01

K urgess
5th April 2008, 11:44
Welcome aboard from northern England, Rudolph.
And a Happy National Maritime Day to you too.
I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for aboard this ship.
Join in and enjoy the voyage.

Topherjohn
5th April 2008, 12:02
Hi International Sailors,
I'm Rudolph.A.Furtado from India and decided to introduce myself on the auspiscious occassion of India's National Maritime Day, since my earnings and World travels are from the "Merchant Navy" as also our entire "Family Wealth"!
........... ETC
A very warm welcome to you Rudolph, hope you enjoy the diversified forums at SN.
Chris

Bruce Carson
5th April 2008, 14:49
From Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia, Rudolph.
Thanks for that fine introduction and the reminder of your country's National Maritime Day.
It's good to have you onboard and we hope you find much on our site to enjoy.

Bruce

gdynia
6th April 2008, 05:32
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage