Sonarman says hello and asks "Is PS Waverley a Terrorist Target?

sonarman
8th April 2008, 23:24
A recent EC ruling (http://www.thisisdorset.net/mostpopular.var.2166155.mostviewed.waverley_on_ter rorist_alert.php) may mean we won't be seeing much of Waverley's triple expansion steam engine!

benjidog
8th April 2008, 23:29
Welcome from Lancashire.

I hope you will enjoy the site. I am moving your first posting to the Say Hello thread where it will get more exposure.

As to the point you raise - this is a serious matter "Take this steamer to Cuba or the paddle-wheel gets it!" :)

Regards,

Brian

sonarman
8th April 2008, 23:48
Hi Brian and crew, thanks for the welcome, yes, I wish the EC would go back to measuring bananas instead of making life difficult for historic ships between Osama & SOLAS 2010 we'll be lucky to have any classic ships left!

I worked Waverley & Balmoral as a teenager back in the now far distant 1980s, much as I'd of liked to take my career at sea further I am red-green colour blind so that put a stop to that. Nowadays I am a full time web designer (working only on blue and yellow sites!), have my own small boat, and when I'm not on the water am usually to be found in maritime/naval simulation gaming communities. If anyone has any questions on any of these wierd & wonderful things please get in touch .

Thanks
Stephen

Derek Roger
8th April 2008, 23:53
Welcome from Canada . Regards Derek

Re Waverley ; reduce passengers to 249 Max and tell the EU to find some other
drivel to occupy their minds .

If she were operating off Somalia it might make sense to ward of the Pirates .

K urgess
8th April 2008, 23:54
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire.
Find your way around the ship and enjoy the voyage.

non descript
8th April 2008, 23:54
Sonarman, whilst you have been around for some time, I do reckon that your two recent posts, one to defend the Waverley and the other to attack the EC, is more than ample proof that your heart is in the right place (Jester) - A warm welcome to you Sir. Please continue to enjoy the Site and I wish you an on-going Bon Voyage

sonarman
9th April 2008, 00:05
Welcome from Canada . Regards Derek

If she were operating off Somalia it might make sense to ward of the Pirates .

Yes, Keelhaul them under the paddle floats!

Thanks for the welcome, guys!

Bruce Carson
9th April 2008, 00:10
From Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia, Stephen.
I assume you are seeing red regarding the EC actions and perhaps a little green around the gills, too.(Cloud)
It's good to have your imput on our site.

Bruce

Gulpers
9th April 2008, 00:32
Stephen,

A warm welcome to the site from the Isle of Anglesey!
I hope you thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

Having been brought up in Gourock, I have many happy memories of Waverley. The EC just can't help themselves, can they? (MAD)

John Rogers
9th April 2008, 00:47
I think the biggest threat to the Waverley is if some terrorist wanted to high-jack her and use the vessel to ram another ship.But I dont think the modification of barriers to the Waverley would stop them. Just more dumb rules.

John