The Late Captain Stanley Walker

john fraser
9th April 2008, 01:54
I see in todays Aberdeen Press & Journal.Tuesday 8th.April in the Deaths,column,that of Capt.Stanley Walker. I first knew him from the lay-up period of the GreyHunter/Fighter in Norway.After sailed with him a few times when he was promoted to Master.My condolences to his family.

Derek Roger
9th April 2008, 17:45
Sincere condolences to Capt. Walkers family.
Derek Roger

Derek Dunn
15th April 2008, 22:34
I sailed with Cpt Stan Walker on the Grey Hunter, he was a real gentleman. (one of the good guys).

DRT
16th April 2008, 01:35
Sailed a number of times with him on the Grey boats, always a pleasure to sail with. I guess we are getting older!!

Derek Dunn
16th April 2008, 08:52
I was 2nd engineer on the Grey Hunter, I think it must have been 1980, and we had Christmas at sea. I am not much of drinker and I volunteered to cover the engine room alarms for that day. After Christmas lunch I left my wife and Stan doing their best finish the Tia Maria. Happy memories. There were some good men on the Grey boats.

Derek Dunn
16th April 2008, 11:11
A couple of pictures. Grey Hunter at sea and Capt. Walker on the bridge.9988

Derek Dunn
16th April 2008, 11:15
A couple of pictures

ashley walker
19th April 2008, 22:08
I was 2nd engineer on the Grey Hunter, I think it must have been 1980, and we had Christmas at sea. I am not much of drinker and I volunteered to cover the engine room alarms for that day. After Christmas lunch I left my wife and Stan doing their best finish the Tia Maria. Happy memories. There were some good men on the Grey boats.

Thank you for posting the photographs and your memories.He was indeed a good man.Will be sadly missed.

All The Best,

Ashley Walker
Eldest Son

ashley walker
19th April 2008, 22:10
I see in todays Aberdeen Press & Journal.Tuesday 8th.April in the Deaths,column,that of Capt.Stanley Walker. I first knew him from the lay-up period of the GreyHunter/Fighter in Norway.After sailed with him a few times when he was promoted to Master.My condolences to his family.

Thank you for your kind words,he had not been a well man for a couple of years.

He will be sadley missed.

Ashley Walker
Eldest Son