mooring & salvage vessels

tetura
12th April 2008, 04:47
I was one of the last boomers in the (Andrew) serving on H.M.S. Laymoor 1973-1975. I,am interested in hearing from anyone else serving on this ship or the Layburn. I have also tried in vain to obtain any photographic records of these ships so can anyone help.
P.S., I have not yet trawled through all the photo,s on this web site.

exsailor
12th April 2008, 14:03
Welcome aboard 'Ships Nostalgia' Tetura, from New Zealand.(Thumb)

Picture of HMS Laymoor on www.battleships-cruisers.co.uk/rmas.htm(Just scroll down page).
Interesting to note HMS Laymoor was the last RN ship propelled by a steam reciprocating engine.

Dennis.

tetura
18th April 2008, 02:46
Cheers Denis, thanks very much for your help in this matter. Regards. tetura. Trevor.

eddie_day
19th June 2008, 20:25
I was one of the last boomers in the (Andrew) serving on H.M.S. Laymoor 1973-1975. I,am interested in hearing from anyone else serving on this ship or the Layburn. I have also tried in vain to obtain any photographic records of these ships so can anyone help.
P.S., I have not yet trawled through all the photo,s on this web site.

I was on H.M.S. Laymoors first commision as the Killick steward C.O was Lt Cdr. Pitt one of the best. The Jimmy was Lt White a proper ****. I have one or two photos unfortunately a lot of mine went missing a few years ago. I know a Gary Mills seaman who was on her about the time you were.

Eddie

senior pilot
17th December 2008, 13:39
there is a big collection of naval ship pictures on picassa web albums under the name of pingbosun and there are a few pictures of mooring and salvage ships it may take a bit of looking as he has a few albums . alex

Cliff Ledsom
21st April 2009, 16:29
I was on H.M.S. Laymoors first commision as the Killick steward C.O was Lt Cdr. Pitt one of the best. The Jimmy was Lt White a proper ****. I have one or two photos unfortunately a lot of mine went missing a few years ago. I know a Gary Mills seaman who was on her about the time you were.

Eddie

Hi Eddie,
I was on HMS Layburn... Jioned her in 1960 as ME1.. the aim was to bring her out of Simon & Lobnits yard in Renfrew Glasgow(brand new)& take her to Malta.. but after many sea trials back & to from Greenock we finally reached Malta...the best draft I ever had... paid off July 1961... for the like of me I cannot remember any of my ship mates & the only Photo I have of the ship is off the net.
regards
Cliff Ledsom

rab.m.
9th September 2009, 22:53
I was on Laymoor 1967 to 1970 skipper was Jim Tissington. My job was aft winch driver and engine room on passage. I joined her at Rosyth just before moving to Greenock Boom Base. Boom boats are coming their horns are in sight. Any ? please ask.

bower
22nd September 2010, 22:15
I was on Laymoor 1967 to 1970 skipper was Jim Tissington. My job was aft winch driver and engine room on passage. I joined her at Rosyth just before moving to Greenock Boom Base. Boom boats are coming their horns are in sight. Any ? please ask.

hi iwas on rmas kingarth and remember her wll