Norfolkscot
18th April 2008, 23:03
Hi May I introduce myself. I log in as Norfolkscot and my name is Gerald (gerry) Ryan living in Norfolk since 1970. My only family connection with the sea is I had an Uncle who was an engineer with the Bank Line and I grew up on Clydeside just in time to see the end of the Clyde as a major shipbuilding river. I was fortunate enough as a very young boy to see Queen Elizabeth in battleship grey in John Browns fitting out basin the day before she went to sea for the first time. I vividly recall seeing RMS Aquitania on the Clyde only ten miles from her final destination at Faslane. To the last a beautiful ship with the Cowal hills as a background

fred henderson
18th April 2008, 23:09
A warm welcome Norfolkscot. I hope that you will enjoy your membership and will participate in our activities.

Fred(Thumb)

K urgess
18th April 2008, 23:09
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire, Gerry.
Sounds like you have a love for old ships and the sea so should fit in the crew nicely.
Find your way around the ship and enjoy the voyage.

gdynia
19th April 2008, 01:06
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

non descript
19th April 2008, 08:15
Gerry, a warm welcome to you. A nice introduction piece and thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings in due course. Bon Voyage

Bruce Carson
19th April 2008, 13:43
From Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia, Gerry.
There's much to enjoy here--make yourself comfortable with the site and join in our friendly discussions.

Bruce