Hi from a new member

pbrstreetgang
20th April 2008, 00:13
Hi all here, Phil from Wallasey in Merseyside, actually live less than 1min from the river mersey, No actual background in shipping except some time spent in Cammel lairds. My father did sail out of Liverpool with blue funnel ( i think ) in the 60`s. Keen amatuer photographer and looking forward to contributing some pics, using both film and digital

bisonphil
20th April 2008, 00:25
Welcome to the the site hope you enjoy it.I spent many happy days on Merseyside.Dry dock in cammel Lairds, Dingle Esso Tankers and Nautical Catering College in Canning Place 1974 for 3 months.
Cheers Phil.

K urgess
20th April 2008, 00:26
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire, Phil.
Sounds like the ideal location for shipping related photography.
Find your way around the ship, join in and enjoy the voyage.

John.H.Clark
20th April 2008, 00:38
My first trip was from Liverpool in December 1958, a different world . Most recent Black Prince for five weeks in January

welcome aboard

fred henderson
20th April 2008, 00:43
A warm welcome to the site. We look forward to your photo postings and your views on any of our topics.

Fred(Thumb)

benjidog
20th April 2008, 01:21
Welcome from Lancashire.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

non descript
20th April 2008, 08:47
Phil, You are too modest Sir, but I did like your comment: "No actual background in shipping except some time spent in Cammel Lairds" .... that, and an interest in Ships is more than enough(Thumb) - A warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings in due course. Bon Voyage

gdynia
20th April 2008, 10:05
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

Topherjohn
20th April 2008, 12:35
Hi all here, Phil from Wallasey in Merseyside, actually live less than 1min from the river mersey, No actual background in shipping except some time spent in Cammel lairds. My father did sail out of Liverpool with blue funnel ( i think ) in the 60`s. Keen amatuer photographer and looking forward to contributing some pics, using both film and digital
Warm welcome from Surrey member - look froward to any photos of 60s when I was at sea.

pbrstreetgang
20th April 2008, 19:39
Thanks for the very warm welcome, theres is so much to see on here (POP)

I have a blog running for activity on the Mersey that some might find interesting

http://pbrstreetgangsrandomstuff.blogspot.com/

Bruce Carson
20th April 2008, 21:08
From Michhigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia.
Good to have you onboard and we are looking forward to you posting some pictures.

Bruce

backsplice
21st April 2008, 06:10
by your nickname your favourite must have been "Apocolypse Now" ..welcome to the best maritime site on the WWW Backsplice