Hello from Long Beach, CA

sfgray
20th April 2008, 01:00
Glad I found this message board and have spent many fascinating hours reading messages. I'm from Long Beach and my wife and I operate a business that includes a shop on board the Queen Mary. I have a general interest is ships and merchant mariners are among my heroes.

Also have more than a passing interest in ocean liners related to our business. I wrote The Little Book of Facts About the RMS Queen Mary and the Little Book of Facts about the RMS Queen Elizabeth. Currently finishing up a Culinary Guide to the Queen Mary.

Scott.

K urgess
20th April 2008, 01:06
Welcome aboard from northern England, Scott.
Sounds like an interesting location.
You should be able to find your way around this ship quite easily.
Bon Voyage.

Steve Woodward
20th April 2008, 01:23
Scott,
welcome to SN from Suffolk UK, enjoy your time with us
Steve

benjidog
20th April 2008, 01:27
Welcome from Lancashire UK.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

non descript
20th April 2008, 08:41
Scott, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings in due course. Bon Voyage

gdynia
20th April 2008, 10:06
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

janbonde
20th April 2008, 16:53
Howdy FSGray welcome aboard spent some time sailing out of Long Beach & Wilmington Ca. I am glad to know someone thinks I am a hero

slick
20th April 2008, 16:56
Dear SFGRAY,
I don't usually hang about on the Gangway top doing greetings , but welcome aboard from Norfolk England, just a couple of miles from the American Bases of RAF Lakenheath,Mildenhall and Feltwell.
You'll get some really interesting threads which one trusts you can join in.
Yours aye,
Slick

Bruce Carson
20th April 2008, 21:12
Scott, from Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia.
I'm happy to hear that you've found our site interesting.
Glad to have you onboard.

Bruce