Hello

CrazySparks
21st April 2008, 12:49
Good day people,

I have also just joined.

I began it all in Riversdale College, Liverpool 1973-1976 where I qualified as an R/O.
After that it was MIMCO for a while with Anchor Line, Ben Line, T&J Harrisson, Bank Line. Then United Arab, and some more foreign flag work with Italian ships, Dutch ships and god knows what!!!

Left in 1984 to do engineering studies and did a brief stint in 1986 for money!

Since 1988 been here in South Africa. Worked on the mines for a while and then did many years as an R&D engineer (defence and commercial), then R&D Manager. Funnily enough, I was responsible for the lab doing South Africa's AIS transponder. I now direct a company that supplies hi-tech to the mining industry.

Had a lot of fun!!!

non descript
21st April 2008, 13:00
A warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings in due course. Bon Voyage

K urgess
21st April 2008, 13:03
Welcome aboard from northern England.
Plenty of us in the crew so welcome to the radio department.
No watches just enjoy exploring the ship but beware it's addictive.
Enjoy the trip.

Steve Woodward
21st April 2008, 13:08
Crazysparks,
Welcome to SN from Suffolk, enjoy your time with us
Steve

benjidog
21st April 2008, 19:09
Welcome from Lancashire.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

Bruce Carson
21st April 2008, 20:25
A warm welcome from Michigan.
I think you'll enjoy it here and there's a good chance you'll run into old shipmates on our site.

Bruce

Derek Roger
21st April 2008, 22:31
Welcome from Canada Sparks ; I went the other way ! Left SA in 53 and ended up at Riversdale in 62 as an apprentice Engineer with Brocklebanks . No doubt you remember the Aigburth Arms !!
Enjoy the voyage . Regards Derek

gdynia
22nd April 2008, 01:29
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage