Hello All. re British Soldier (tanker)

old6umpy
23rd April 2008, 19:24
At last,managed to figure out how to use this site,only taken about 6 weeks lol.Firstly what a great site,enjoyed hour's browsing,and reading the comment's,some very educated exseamen out there,your's truely not one of them,hence 6week's or so to work it out.Could anyone let me have a picture of the British Soldier (tanker),circa 1959/60,idealy in coulor as i intend to scratch build a model,and after all this time the old grey cell's are a bit rusty,regarding the paint scheme (funnel ect)thanks and you all keep up the good work...

non descript
23rd April 2008, 19:31
old6umpy, A warm welcome to you and don't worry - like many things in life, it gets easier the more times one does it.... Thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings in due course. Bon Voyage

non descript
23rd April 2008, 19:33
A quick search on the site for British Soldier has thrown up this one here (http://www.shipsnostalgia.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=49820) - I appreciate that you asked for coloure, but maybe it is a start and someone can come up with more.

Bruce Carson
23rd April 2008, 19:49
old6umpy, from Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia.
You'll soon get into the way of things here and I believe you'll find the effort worthwhile.
Good to have you onboard.

Bruce

K urgess
23rd April 2008, 20:04
Welcome to the crew, old6umpy.
I'm sure someone will find what you want just like you're starting to find your way around.
Join in but beware it can get addictive.
Have a good trip.

Steve Woodward
23rd April 2008, 20:41
Old6umpy,
Welcome to SN from Suffolk, glad you made the trip, enjoy your time with us
Steve

ian d.cameron
23rd April 2008, 21:10
Don't know if this is any good, the British Sovereign of the same era for the funnel.
http://www.photoship.co.uk/JAlbum%20Ships/Old%20Ships%20B/slides/British%20Sovereign-02.html

gdynia
24th April 2008, 04:12
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

benjidog
24th April 2008, 09:27
Welcome from Lancashire.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

albert.s.i
25th April 2008, 08:53
old6umpy welcome, i was on the british soldier 1954 on her maiden voyage i looked all over for a photo but without success so for my collection of the ships i sailed on i found her sister the british sailor 28,000 ton from ships AtoZ SHIPS OF THE BRITISH MERCHANT NAVY bon voyage albert .s.i.