Hello from Switzerland

Cornelia
23rd April 2008, 23:10
Hello, joined here, in the hope to read some interesting facts about ships of the past, their routes etc. Interested in - taking photos of ships, travelling on ships, get to know facts about ships.

www.containerships.fotopic.net

K urgess
23rd April 2008, 23:15
Welcome aboard from northern England, Cornelia.
Plenty of the sort of information and pictures you are looking for onboard this ship.
Join in and enjoy the voyage.

non descript
23rd April 2008, 23:24
Cornelia, A warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings in due course. Bon Voyage

Bruce Carson
24th April 2008, 00:27
Cornelia, with your interests you should enjoy Ships Nostalgia.
From Michigan, a warm welcome to our site and we'll be looking forward to viewing your pictures.

Bruce

Steve Woodward
24th April 2008, 00:50
Cornelia,
Welcome to SN from Suffolk, enjoy your time with us
Steve

gdynia
24th April 2008, 05:07
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

benjidog
24th April 2008, 10:26
Welcome from Lancashire UK.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

Cornelia
28th April 2008, 20:20
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, I joined this forum because I am seeking especially information of ships from mid-60ies till nowadays, and despite, that this for some does not seem to be so long ago, it is even hard to find information about ships from the 70ies on the internet !

JimC
29th April 2008, 19:31
Welcome Cornelia doubly so since there has been all sorts of cheeky remarks about the 'Swiss Navy'. Please tell me you really do have one - just to show-up all those smart pants out there. ( even lie a little?????).
I'm sure all the information and tall tales you get here will be of even more sigfnificance to you (Unless you actually come from the Isle of man that is!).
Have great time - a lot of them are a bit doddery and cranky as you will no doubt discover but they really do mean well - it's the drink that does it!

Regards,

Jim C.

danube4
29th April 2008, 22:13
Swiss Navy

www.swiss-ships.ch

Good pics

Barney.

Cornelia
17th May 2008, 00:35
Welcome Cornelia doubly so since there has been all sorts of cheeky remarks about the 'Swiss Navy'. Please tell me you really do have one - just to show-up all those smart pants out there. ( even lie a little?????).
I'm sure all the information and tall tales you get here will be of even more sigfnificance to you (Unless you actually come from the Isle of man that is!).
Have great time - a lot of them are a bit doddery and cranky as you will no doubt discover but they really do mean well - it's the drink that does it!

Regards,

Jim C.

Never mind that, Switzerland might not have a coast, but those ones, who know a bit about shipping know as well that MSC have their headquarters in Switzerland http://www.mscgva.ch/ :-) Norasia had, too - in Fribourg, but that company does not exist anymore .. you see it's not as bad as it looks ! [=P]

GWB
17th May 2008, 09:46
Welcome aboard from sunny Aussie have a great trip and enjoy the site.

Cheers
GWB

R58484956
17th May 2008, 15:21
Greetings Cornelia and welcome to SN from a member in the south of England. Bon voyage.