Warm welcome from sixtant.net

ozires
27th April 2008, 20:06
Dear friends:

Just to announce the launching of the only website in english language which intends to be a full fledged account on all aspects covering the wartime operations in the South Atlantic. Hundreds of pages have been added, and many more to come. To say the least, we have obtained several documents pertaining the establishment of the Fourth Fleet and their large facilities at Recife harbor, called Camp Ingram. A few people know the exact figures of all merchants sunk in that area between Brazilian and African coast. Some will be astonished when we add more than 200 to the already existing 140.
And it is worth noting the British Merchant Navy deserves a very special place of honour for the appalling losses in ships and crewmembers it suffered during the conflict when those fearless young boys sailed from distant ports in southern Brazil and Argentina with their ships ladden with foodstuff and raw materials bound for England in an endless voyage through the treacherous still unpatrolled waters of the mid South Atlantic early in 1942/1942. In every page we assemble, we attached a wreath as a respectful tribute for their sacrifice. For them the eternal flame of gratitude will be lit forever.
Capt. Ozires Moraes www.sixtant.net

non descript
27th April 2008, 20:12
Ozires, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community, enjoy the site and all it has to offer and we very much look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage

Hugh MacLean
27th April 2008, 20:18
Good to see you joining up here Ozires. Welcome!
Regards (Thumb)

K urgess
27th April 2008, 20:23
Welcome aboard from northern England.
An excellent subject and a interesting site.
Find your way around our ship and join in with the crew.
Ter uma boa viagem.

Bruce Carson
27th April 2008, 22:01
From Michigan, a warm welcome to our site, Ozires and thank you for that excellent indroduction.
I'm sure many of our members will be visiting your site.

Bruce

benjidog
27th April 2008, 23:00
Welcome from Lancashire UK.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

gdynia
28th April 2008, 02:10
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

ozires
21st May 2008, 02:44
From Michigan, a warm welcome to our site, Ozires and thank you for that excellent indroduction.
I'm sure many of our members will be visiting your site.

Bruce

Brave sailor Bruce:
As you are online at Michigan's thaw, I send a warmest regards as well as pointing out that 200 merchants have already been added to the ships sunk in the south atlantic. Now some more 140 are in the queue to be edited. And much more documents on the Fourth Fleet activities are in due course.
Best regards.
Ozires
Recife -Brazil.

Bruce Carson
21st May 2008, 15:16
Ozires, it must be much warmer in Brazil than up here in the North--thanks for the update on your site.
I'll be taking a look.
Best,
Bruce

R58484956
21st May 2008, 18:28
Greetings Ozires and welcome to SN from a member in the south of England. Bon voyage.