House Price Search

Binnacle
28th April 2008, 22:08
This new website claims to give the lowdown on any house, on any street in the UK.
www.zoopla.co.uk

benjidog
28th April 2008, 23:30
Hurrah! - Houses round my way have sold at much more than I thought! (Thumb)

Boo! - Nobody wants to buy houses any more and the prices are going down.(Cloud)

Great while it lasted though!

Brian

Peter4447
28th April 2008, 23:59
Gave it a try and put in a search for a house which I know has been on the market for over a year - the result nothing found!
Peter4447(Thumb)

cboots
29th April 2008, 08:28
Am I missing something here, houseboats perhaps, but what has this got to do with nautical nostalgia?
CBoots

Jeffers
29th April 2008, 17:13
Am I missing something here, houseboats perhaps, but what has this got to do with nautical nostalgia?
CBoots

Be fair mate, it is posted in "Computers and the Internet" We get all sorts of stuff in there.

jodalo
30th April 2008, 10:36
Try this site it won't estimate the value of houses it only gives a "Sold for" value. http://www.ourproperty.co.uk/

Binnacle
30th April 2008, 10:48
CBoots

Mess Deck Forum - "Cape Verde" Property Scams #2

Real estate scams are always popular, the latest here in Australia is selling supposedly bargain priced investment properties in the US at prices way above what they are worth in their local market. Sadly it usually turns out to be caveat emptor, let the buyer beware, when it comes to seeking any redress.
CBoots

cboots
1st May 2008, 02:28
Err? What is the object of the above please? The quote is an extract from a reply to a post, if I recall, from a member in some distress over an unfortunate real estate purchase abroad. I did not instigate the topic, merely offered what I knew which I thought might be helpful.
CBoots

Binnacle
3rd May 2008, 21:33
Err? What is the object of the above please? The quote is an extract from a reply to a post, if I recall, from a member in some distress over an unfortunate real estate purchase abroad. I did not instigate the topic, merely offered what I knew which I thought might be helpful.
CBoots

The object of the above was to enable fellow SN members to form an opinion of what may be considered dual standards.

Another example follows -

Farming # 5
"I most certainly second what Pompeyfan has posted above and agree that the post is no more "off topic" than a lot of other stuff that finds its way onto this site and a damn sight more worthy of our consideration than much of it. I too could not get the link to run but I have seen similar and I am aware of the horrors associated with this area. One does not have to be a vegetarian or a vegan to totally reject the out of sight out of mind, not my problem attitude that is all to common in our world. If we can have threads on what are the best fags to smoke, or the best grog to drink, then if your eyes are not too bleary, and your brain cells not too befuddled, this is a topic well worthy of our attention. I for one thank Andrew for bringing it to our notice.
CBoots"

however now we read,

House Price Search # 4
"Am I missing something here, houseboats perhaps, but what has this got to do with nautical nostalgia?
CBoots"
(emphasis mine)

There may be more instances, I stopped searching after finding the ones quoted, which were sufficient for me to realise that contradiction existed and any discussion was pointless. My sole aim was to point fellow members, who may be affected by house prices, towards an informative website during the UK mortgage crisis. This is my final post on the matter you thought fit to raise, as up to this time, unlike you, the Moderators have not deemed it necessary to issue me with any rebuke..

cboots
4th May 2008, 14:26
Look mate, have a dummy spit by all means, but just don't quote me out of context. If you wish to scan this site for my posts then make it clear what the original was all about and what it was referring to; don't pick bits that you think will make your particular point, whatever that might be. Better still, find something more fulfilling to do with your time.
CBoots

K urgess
4th May 2008, 14:36
Look.
If it had been out of order we moderators would have said so.
The first reply was by a moderator and he didn't mention it being out of context.
We'll do our own policing thank you.
So cool it and leave it to us.
You don't have to read it if you don't like it.

John Rogers
4th May 2008, 15:19
My thoughts exactly Fubar, I had the same feed back from a poster in reference to my post on colonoscopy,If its not in your wheelhouse dont read it.

John.