Friendly Message

Green Godess
28th April 2008, 23:16
Hello Folks,

I've just entered my details and signed-up on this list and by way of an introduction, I'd like to say a friendly 'Hello' to everyone. I hope I can make a useful contribution to this forum.

Perhaps someone on here could help me out? About 18 months ago my son showed me some webpages, whereby merchant shipping could be tracked around the coast, ports and harbours of the UK. (I believe) this worked on the AIS principle. It gave the ships heading, callsign and type. I've lost the url for the site and am wondering if anyone on here might be able to reunite me with the site/program.

Best wishes and kind regards to you all from

Green Godess(==D)

michaelF
28th April 2008, 23:31
http://www.shipais.com/

Is this the one

mike

K urgess
28th April 2008, 23:32
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire.
This may be what you're looking for
http://aisfree.aislive.com/Influx.aspx
Find your way around the ship, join in and enjoy the voyage.

Bruce Carson
28th April 2008, 23:33
From Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia, GG (a Liverpool tram?).
We hope you enjoy our site and we'll be looking for your future postings.

Bruce

benjidog
28th April 2008, 23:46
Welcome from Lancashire Uk.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

Green Godess
29th April 2008, 00:43
Thank you kindly to Mike and Marconi Sahib for directing me to those excellent url's, yes you've found the site for me and Mike you've given me another new and interesting site.

Thanks to you both

G G

Derek Roger
29th April 2008, 01:52
Welcome from Canada ; glad you were able to get the information you were looking for . Our lads are a mine of information .
Regards Derek

trotterdotpom
29th April 2008, 02:04
From Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia, GG (a Liverpool tram?).
We hope you enjoy our site and we'll be looking for your future postings.

Bruce

The Green Goddess's were the green Bedford fire engines of the Auxiliary Fire Service. They became famous when operated by Army firemen during the Firemen's strike in the late '70s.

When I was at Bridlington wireless school, one of our number joined the AFS and we were all able to go down to the fire station with him and watch TV in the firemen's recreation area. Was our GG in the AFS, I wonder?

John T.

gdynia
29th April 2008, 02:13
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage