hello forum

jose lamas
29th April 2008, 13:14
hello sailors ! a warm welcome from Portugal , (Thumb) i was a pilot , oil tanker , Geres , built in Portugal , with German design , 1953 , two bridges , beautifull , 18.000 tons , spacious , lots of wood , solid , kind of a cruise made to carry oil ...that was in 1974 , went mainly to Banias , Siria , and sometime to the north of Euurope . What i love the most was that when we cruise in Mediterranean sea , Summer time , the incredible quantity of birds that used Geres to take a rest ; small ones , to large , funny and all the crew used to give them water and food , they just stayed there , peacefully , wayting the right time to keep they flight , sometimes 2 or 3 days ...well , now i live in Lisbon , and ships , mainly the old ones , are my focus when i walk by the port , and enjoy that view of sealife and what a nostalgia !!
I never ever wouold forget The storm of 1978 , that was one of the hardest of the century , and that make "my " tanker navigate like a surfer over a wave ...our captain said then " Ohh im so happy she is only 18000 tons ...if was a biger , would crack in 2 " (A) .Well , life keeps going , so i wish you all lots off good seas , and keep going with this beautifull site ! ty ty

non descript
29th April 2008, 13:40
Jose, A warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings in due course. Bon Voyage

Bruce Carson
29th April 2008, 13:51
Jose, from Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia.
I think you know your way around our site by now and I hope you have found much to interest you here.
It's good to have you onboard.

Bruce

R58484956
29th April 2008, 15:03
Bom Dia Jose and welcome to SN. Nice introduction you have given. Enjoy the site and bon voyage.

K urgess
29th April 2008, 16:10
Welcome aboard from northern England, Jose.
A nice introduction and you have come to the right place for nostalgia.
Ter uma boa viagem a bordo deste navio.

benjidog
29th April 2008, 22:43
Welcome from Lancashire UK.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

gdynia
30th April 2008, 01:53
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

Steve Woodward
30th April 2008, 08:39
Jose,
Welcome to SN from Suffolk, enjoy your time with us, from a fellow Banias survivor you have my deepest sympathy
Steve