My birthday today

Stuart Smith
1st May 2008, 12:54
How do I get my birthday added to the "Today birthday list"?
I have been hoping to see it posted for 4 years now but each year it hasn't appeared.

Anyway, bottles of whisky, Gin or Vodka or copious amounts of used bank notes in a plain wrapping will be accepted.

Stuart

wa002f0328
1st May 2008, 13:16
Many happy returns of the day Stuart, hope you have a great birthday
All the best, Bill(Thumb) (Pint)

Steve Woodward
1st May 2008, 13:47
Stuart - many happy returns - enter your birthday in your profile and you will not be forgotten (Pint)
Steve

Bruce Carson
1st May 2008, 14:02
Stuart, Have a very pleasant celebration.
I'll raise a glass to you.(==D)

And thanks for all those super photos you keep uploading,
They are truly appreciated.

Best,
Bruce

K urgess
1st May 2008, 14:03
As Steve says, Stuart.
If the software don't know it can't tell us.
Happy birthday for this year.
Have a good one. (Pint)
Kris

fred henderson
1st May 2008, 14:26
Stuart

I think these are the steps:

Click on Private Messages; then: -
User Control Panel
Edit Profile
Optional Information
Date of Birth

Fill in your date of birth and the system will then know when to list you.

In any event - Happy birthday!(K)

Fred(Thumb)

Derek Roger
1st May 2008, 14:55
Cheers Stuart ;

Theres a case of Tenants for you in the brine room .

Derek

Sister Eleff
1st May 2008, 14:56
Happy Birthday Stuart, hope it's a good one - here's cheers (Pint) (Pint)

stan mayes
1st May 2008, 15:41
Many congratulations Stuart and hoping you have a very enjoyable day.
And from us all,our thanks for posting many nostalgic photos..
Best wishes,
Stan

R58484956
1st May 2008, 18:04
Happy birthday Stuart.

benjidog
1st May 2008, 20:42
Happy birthday from me too Stuart and may you have many more of them!

Regards,

Brian

stan mayes
1st May 2008, 21:45
Hello Stuart,
Some information which may help to 'Make your day'.
March to May 1945 I was sailing as an AB in DUKE of YORK a small troopship,ex Harwich - Hook ferry.We made a daily round trip Tilbury to Ostend and bunkered overnight in Tilbury.
On 30th April 1945, Hitler and Eva Braun committed suicide.
On the following day as you were making yourself known to this world,I was in a bar with shipmates in Ostend and we were celebrating 'on the house' the end of Adolph.
This was one of the few bars still open..During the previous weeks we had seen many bars destroyed by fire and their owners having their heads shaved in the streets..They had been accused of collaboration with the Germans..
Enjoy yourself - the night is young!!
Best regards,
Stan.

Peter4447
1st May 2008, 22:33
A very Happy Birthday Stuart
(==D) (==D) (==D)
Peter

R798780
1st May 2008, 23:50
Salaams Stuart

Happy birthday

Lookout
2nd May 2008, 00:31
Happy Birthday Stuart and many happy returns.

suzted
2nd May 2008, 01:35
happy birthday (Thumb) (K) (Pint)

Derbyroy
2nd May 2008, 01:48
Stuart - many happy returns - enter your birthday in your profile and you will not be forgotten (Pint)
Steve

Steve,
not wanting to rain on anyones parade, but having your birth date in your profile, does not get your birthday mentioned. Last year 26/08/07,
I too was disapointed to find I had been left off the PUBLIC birthday greeting.
however I did receive 2 days later an E-Mail wishing me happy birthday from Ships Nostalgia.
so please don,t use the if you don,t tell us we don,t know excuse.
personally when you get to the kind of age a lot of the members have reached we are not too concerned..but if ONE person has their name highlighted on their birthday, then ALL members should have the same courtesy,
I,m sure that many will disagree with my slant on this but i am in support of Stuart.

best regards
Derbyroy

gdynia
2nd May 2008, 01:55
All the very best for today and many more to follow

tunatownshipwreck
2nd May 2008, 01:58
Happy birthday. That explains all the parades I'm seeing this May 1.

K urgess
2nd May 2008, 14:13
Steve,
not wanting to rain on anyones parade, but having your birth date in your profile, does not get your birthday mentioned. Last year 26/08/07,
I too was disapointed to find I had been left off the PUBLIC birthday greeting.
however I did receive 2 days later an E-Mail wishing me happy birthday from Ships Nostalgia.
so please don,t use the if you don,t tell us we don,t know excuse.
personally when you get to the kind of age a lot of the members have reached we are not too concerned..but if ONE person has their name highlighted on their birthday, then ALL members should have the same courtesy,
I,m sure that many will disagree with my slant on this but i am in support of Stuart.

best regards
Derbyroy

All members DO normally have their birthday highlighted. No difference is made between members at all if they supply their date of birth when filling in their profile.
There can however be the occasional glitch which is what must have happened in your case.
If you bring it to our attention at the time we may be able to find out why it happened.
So a very belated happy birthday and our apologies for the glitch. (Pint)

benjidog
3rd May 2008, 00:20
DerbyRoy,

I think you have not got your profile set up correctly to display your birthday which is why the system does not recognise it.

Click on User Control Panel at the top right of the screen and then click on User Profile. Look in the Date of Birth section and make sure that you have selected either Display Age or Display Age and Date of Birth in the Privacy section. If this is not set it doesn't get picked up as the system assumes you are coy about it and don't want other people to know.

Let me know when you have changed it by PM and I will double check it for you.

Regards,

Brian

Derbyroy
3rd May 2008, 14:58
Brian / Benjidog.
My Profile is as it was when I wrote it , it allows my birth date to be shown on site, I am not bemoaning the fact that like Stuart my Birthday was overlooked, I was just registering the fact that this glich in the system seems to be wider spread than is apparent to the site administrators.
As Marconi sahib rightly points out advising the site admin about this usually sorts it out,
I will ( if still around ) look forward to next August 26th , LOL.
However thank you both for your interest
Best regards
Derby.

benjidog
4th May 2008, 01:06
For information - I have sent a note to Admin about Roy's problem as his account appears to be set up as I would have expected.

If anyone else has a similar problem please send me a PM.

Brian