Signing in

bathgate
1st May 2008, 03:55
Hi this is new member bathgate signing in.
Originally shipped out of Grangemouth and Rosyth, so easy to tell I was a Tanker man. Mainly British and RFA.
Was introduced to the site by Bell and have done extensive browsing. Loved the story of the Clyde Guardian Canal Fiasco having been there it was a once in a life time experience.
Many thanks to whoever is responsible for the web site
Regards Bathgate

bathgate
1st May 2008, 04:04
Bathgate here.
Anyone who has heard the stories about the British Workman, believe it, it was true. Workhouse was painted on here transiting the canal.
I served eighteen months on her after the incident and she was a very happy ship, most of 1959 and latter end of 1962.
Thanks to everyone involved in this great site.
Bathgate.

K urgess
1st May 2008, 14:37
Welcome aboard from northern England, Bathgate.
I moved your posts to their own thread for a better welcome response.
Find your way around the ship and enjoy the trip

non descript
1st May 2008, 14:46
Bathgate, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings in due course. Bon Voyage

Bruce Carson
1st May 2008, 15:11
From Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia, Bathgate.
It's good to know you are enjoying our site.
Make yourself at home and join in our friendly discussions at any time.

Bruce

bathgate
1st May 2008, 16:19
Thanks to everyone for being so welcoming, almost like being back onboard again. I am at present catalouging
and putting into order a history of my ten years in the Merch, and the site has proved to be a great source of info. Is there anyone out there who was in the TS Dolphin Catering Class 22/4/58-25/7/58. Strangely although we were all local area guys I never met up or sailed with any of them after shipping out. I still have photos of that class if anyone should want one. Hope to hear from someone soon. Thanks again all you welcome mats.
George Bathgate

R58484956
1st May 2008, 18:06
Greetings Bathgate and welcome to SN. Enjoy the site and bon voyage.

benjidog
1st May 2008, 20:43
Welcome from Lancashire

I hope you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

gdynia
2nd May 2008, 02:01
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage