Probably the wrong place

Lawrie E
1st May 2008, 22:03
........to post this.

But why is there a banner,slapped right across the user control and the view options panel, eh?

The ploddy thing stops me from seeing what I want to see and it tells me that it "Helps me find my thing".....

Fact is, my "thing ", is still exactly where it's always been.
I do not need help to find it...even if, these days, I rarely see the damn thing!

DOgive over, f,r Chrissakes.

Lawrie E

benjidog
1st May 2008, 23:52
Lawrie,

Can't see this myself so can't comment.

What browser are you using?

Brian

billyboy
2nd May 2008, 02:29
Difficult to see mine without a mirror these days. But SN appears to working all right though. and i use a Firefox browser.

non descript
2nd May 2008, 08:45
Lawrie,
Whilst I can detect your irritation I rather fear you are taking it out on the wrong people. Admin have not changed a thing and it is almost certain that your PC has decided to adopt this strange practice. – Having had this hiccup occur myself, I am aware of the problem and one is confronted with a banner just at the very point that one used to be able to click and view the optional menu. – Why IE decides to “help out” like this, I have no idea, but turning the whole thing off and rebooting sorted it out for me.
So, please bear in mind your anger and exasperation should be directed at the real culprit and not Admin at SN who remain totally blameless.
(Thumb)
Mark

JoK
2nd May 2008, 10:25
Nothing like a good old computer to raise the blood pressure!

Lawrie E
2nd May 2008, 22:07
Lawrie,
Whilst I can detect your irritation I rather fear you are taking it out on the wrong people. Admin have not changed a thing and it is almost certain that your PC has decided to adopt this strange practice. – Having had this hiccup occur myself, I am aware of the problem and one is confronted with a banner just at the very point that one used to be able to click and view the optional menu. – Why IE decides to “help out” like this, I have no idea, but turning the whole thing off and rebooting sorted it out for me.
So, please bear in mind your anger and exasperation should be directed at the real culprit and not Admin at SN who remain totally blameless.
(Thumb)
Mark

Quite.

Lawrie E

non descript
2nd May 2008, 23:27
Quite.

Lawrie E

Lawrie,

Has it worked and are things OK now, or is Mr Bill Gates still having a laugh? (Jester)

Kind regards
Mark

oceangoer
2nd May 2008, 23:52
Has it worked and are things OK now, or is Mr Bill Gates still having a laugh?

It's been there for over a week. I use IE, have emptied the cache and temp. files, refreshed until I'm all freshed out, and it won't go away.
Never mind it's becoming part of the furniture now :)

Lawrie E
6th May 2008, 19:11
Hmm.
Seems to have gone, now.

But, here,s something else, with which to flag my technophobia.....

Please bear in mind , that I am using IE.

In the course of following my various interests,I do belong to a few forums
and I just don,t recall ever seeing such banners before.
There,s a couple of 'em showing, right here and now.
S,funny but I dont recall anyone ever referring to their presence.

Even stranger still, if I just come up on this site, without logging on, then I usually get all sorts of different banners...usually flashers or sliders(???).

Just so's you'ld know.

Lawrie E

Santos
6th May 2008, 19:52
I think Lawrie may be talking about the adverts as those that are not SN Supporters still have the moving banner adverts etc.

Chris.