New to Ships Nostalgia

fellte
4th May 2008, 11:48
Hi there everyone, this is my first post on this site. I am a retired Merchant Navy Radio Officer, I retired in 2004 but from the Offshore sector in the North Sea, but prior to that, my employers were Siemans & Co, (Radio Company) a short stay with Marconi, then direct ermployed 1965 to 1970 with B&C, then 1970 to 1983 Bibby Line, 1983 to 1988 Denholms (Various Companies within the Group) and from 1988 to 2004 Various Oil related companies on DSV's. Semi-Subs, Jack-Ups, Accommodation Barges and Oil Platforms. Yes I had a good run for my money and I enjoyed my 40 years + at sea.
My name is Tony Fell, anyone out there who can remember me give me a shout, was also involved with the ROU and later NUMAST from 1966 to 2004.

Regards

Tony

non descript
4th May 2008, 12:55
Tony, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community and you will find a whole host of Sparkies on here; enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings in due course. Bon Voyage

Bruce Carson
4th May 2008, 12:58
Tony, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia.
It's likely you'll meet up with some old shipmates here.
Make yourself at home and join in our friendly discussions at any time.

Bruce

K urgess
4th May 2008, 13:01
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire, Tony.
Plenty of us around as you'll find out once you find your way around the ship.
We have a radio room deeply set in the "good old days" without the need to keep watches.
Enjoy the trip.

Graham Wallace
4th May 2008, 15:00
Hi Tony,
I thought I recognised the signing in name. it is a great site I'm sure there will be a lot around you know of,very addictive and I bet the other half will be after you for that.
We will keep in touch.
Graham

benjidog
4th May 2008, 18:19
Welcome from Lancashire.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

R58484956
4th May 2008, 18:31
Welcome Tony from the south of England. Bon voyage.

gdynia
5th May 2008, 00:51
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

Jeffers
5th May 2008, 22:19
Got to get a welcome in from West Yorkshire as well!! Hi, and enjoy your stay. Just one word of warning.....SN can get addictive!!

Derbyroy
5th May 2008, 22:38
Aye welcome Tony ..come and get your feet wet again..its a great place to be .
have fun and share your thoughts
best regards
Derby

djmorton
6th May 2008, 00:00
Hi Tony,
Your name is familiar. did you do a spell on the Amethyst ?. I did a few trips (month on/month off) with Ron Versteeg as back to back. Great bunch to work with.
Regards
Denis