Internet Explorer 7

Santos
5th May 2008, 20:16
I have recently been told by AVG free that I need to update to AVG free version 8. I have tried this, but part way through the downloads I keep getting the message Internet Explorer cannot download ....... server reset. This is happening every time I try to download the new AVG version. I am running Windows XP.

Has anyone else come across this problem and is there a fix for it. Many thanks.

Chris.

KenLin39
5th May 2008, 20:32
Hi Chris. I have tried three times to update to AVG 8 today , each time I get message that download files were corrupted and to try again. I typed in free antivirus and am now trying to get Avast. Ken.

Santos
5th May 2008, 20:44
Thanks Ken -- I thought it was just me I have tried 5 times and keep getting the cannot download message

Chris.

Bruce Carson
5th May 2008, 20:50
My AVG updated with no problems within the last hour.
Perhaps whatever problems there were are over.

Semaj
5th May 2008, 21:29
I had that problem once yesterday and changed the site to Download 8.0 and had no problems.

Jim.

Santos
5th May 2008, 21:48
Hi Guys just found the answer for anyone having problems. If you want the new AVG free 8 --- go to :- http://free.grisoft.com/ww.download?prd=afe

and below the download button you will see you can download direct from the AVG server. I have done this and everything worked great. Just follow the instructions.

Chris.

Derbyroy
5th May 2008, 22:11
hello all ,
tried all the above and still get the error message.
i will not let my fire wall down as this download does not seem to be supported by Grisoft ....so will carry on with 7.5 for now that upgrades everyday without fail..
please take care all. download nothing you are not sure of .
best wishes
Deryroy

KenLin39
6th May 2008, 00:33
hello all ,
tried all the above and still get the error message.
i will not let my fire wall down as this download does not seem to be supported by Grisoft ....so will carry on with 7.5 for now that upgrades everyday without fail..
please take care all. download nothing you are not sure of .
best wishes
Deryroy

Hi. But the updates for 7.5 are finishing on 31-May.

Bruce Carson
6th May 2008, 01:45
I should have mentioned I downloaded AVG8 from C/Net Downloads, as I do most of my "stuff".

http://www.download.com/AVG-Anti-Virus-Free-Edition/3000-2239_4-10320142.html

Bruce

Keltic Star
6th May 2008, 02:43
I ignored the warning messages when I downloaded AVG last week. It just installed itself regardless and works fine.

rickles23
6th May 2008, 08:16
As per Santos's tip I downloaded the new AVG but I use Download Accelerator Plus. All loaded and updated.
Regards

Burned Toast
6th May 2008, 12:39
No problem downloading AVG 8
regards
ray

Hawkeye
7th May 2008, 15:17
I've had the 'pay for it' come up every time I tired. I'll try some of the suggestions above.