The one that got away

Evadeus
7th May 2008, 11:53
All my young life I wanted to go to sea, I used to go into Liverpool just to walk the dock road back home. I loved to see the liners and activity in the docks and at the Pier Head. I was always looking for the CPR liners in Gladstone Dock one of my earliest memories is of being taken on the Overhead to see the burned out hulk of the Empress of Scotland on its side. I never got to go to sea, however to this day my interest in the shipping on the Mersey remains. regards Dave.

non descript
7th May 2008, 14:39
Dave, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings in due course. Bon Voyage

K urgess
7th May 2008, 15:11
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire, Dave.
Now that you've signed on the good ship SN and are a member of the crew enjoy the voyage.

Steve Woodward
7th May 2008, 15:18
Dave,
Welcome to SN from Suffolk, an interest in ships is all you need here, do enjoy your time with us
Steve

benjidog
7th May 2008, 18:02
Welcome to SN.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

Bruce Carson
7th May 2008, 18:14
Dave, if you're interested in ships and shipping, this is the place to be.
A warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia, it's good to have you onboard.

Bruce

R58484956
7th May 2008, 20:03
Greetings Dave and a warm welcome from a member in the south of England.
Bon voyage.

Trader
8th May 2008, 00:07
Welcome aboard Dave, I am sure that you will enjoy it. Like you I rode the Overhead many times. What a great way to see shipping, it was a shame when they it pulled it down.
I don't want to be a know all but the burnt out ship in the Gladstone was the "Empress of Canada" and not the Scotland. I was on Blue Funnel at the time and we tied up on the opposite side of the dock.
Trader.

gdynia
8th May 2008, 05:44
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

Frank P
8th May 2008, 08:54
Welcome onboard Dave, enjoy the site.
Cheers Frank

Evadeus
8th May 2008, 19:18
You're right of course it was the Empress of Canada, however I was only six at the time.