intrduction

kjwilson
8th May 2008, 17:19
Hello all
My name is Ken Wilson, I joined the greek merchant navy when I was 21 for the experience of going to sea. It was one of the best times of my life. Now at 60 years old its nice to look back. I would like to try and trace the ship I sailed on and what happened to her, up to now I havn't had much success, this may be because I am new to computers. I would appreciate any help from members to aid me in my search.
thanks and hello again.

Bruce Carson
8th May 2008, 17:30
Ken, from Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia.
Good to have you onboard.
Please post the name of the ship and chances are one or more of our members will have answers for you. We have an amazing wealth of maritime knowledge here and it's willingly shared.

Bruce

kjwilson
8th May 2008, 17:34
Cheers Bruce
Nice to be aboard, Always loved the sea its in the family blood

non descript
8th May 2008, 17:51
Ken, a warm welcome to you. That's a nice introduction piece. (Thumb) Thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings in due course. Bon Voyage

K urgess
8th May 2008, 18:31
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire, Ken.
I'm sure someone will be able to help. We have a knowledgeable crew.
Find your way around the ship and enjoy the trip.

R58484956
8th May 2008, 19:05
Greetings Ken and welcome to SN. What is the name of the ship you are trying to trace. Bon voyage.

kjwilson
8th May 2008, 19:14
R58484956

MV Agios Giorgios

Thank you all fot a nice welcome

Ken Wilson

benjidog
8th May 2008, 23:34
Welcome from Lancashire.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

As to your question, I think the name was probably Agios Georgios rather than Giorgios.

Now there are 19 ships of that name listed as launched between 1878 and 2000 so it will be a bit difficult to answer your question without more information. If you look at this site you will get a list by typing in the name and you can take it from there: http://www.miramarshipindex.org.nz/ship/list

Regards,

Brian

gdynia
9th May 2008, 08:16
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage