Hello - ex Rippingham Grange

paddy mcdonnell
8th May 2008, 19:05
This is my first entry,I was in the british merchant navy from 1950 till '62,sailed with Shawsaville,Cunard,Blue Star and a few tramps and tankers and the Rippingham Grange of Houlder Brothers,I immigrated to Canada in '62 and sailed on a couple of BC ferry boats for a short time,I now live with my family in Kamloops BC Canada.Anyone out there remember me?

K urgess
8th May 2008, 19:24
Welcome aboard from northern England, Paddy.
Plenty in the crew with similair histories so you may find some old shipmates.
Have a good trip once you've found your way around the ship.

Bruce Carson
8th May 2008, 19:29
From Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia, Paddy.
Good to have you onboard.
There should be members here that sailed with you and chances are you'll be hearing from them.

Bruce

fred henderson
8th May 2008, 19:31
A warm welcome Paddy. I see that from all of your sea-going experiences that you use Rippingham Grange as the heading for your post. She was built by Hawthorn Leslie in 1943. I started my career in their Hebburn-on-Tyne shipyard in 1954, but I hope that the ship was a happy berth for you.

Fred(Thumb)

non descript
8th May 2008, 19:48
Paddy, a warm welcome to you. That's a fine Thread Title (Applause) Thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings in due course. Bon Voyage

wa002f0328
8th May 2008, 20:17
Welcome aboard Paddy, enjoy the trip, when were you on the Rippingham Grange, she was some ship. Cheers Bill(Thumb)

benjidog
8th May 2008, 23:35
Welcome from Lancashire.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

gdynia
9th May 2008, 08:15
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

R58484956
9th May 2008, 08:44
Welcome Paddy to SN. Bon voyage.

paddy mcdonnell
16th May 2008, 07:31
Hi everybody,thanks for the welcome,I was wondering where my thread went,I have just discovered how to find it,WA00...asked when was I on the Rippingham grange,it was in the 50s,1954 we took a cargoe of meat to Leningrad (St.Petersburg) from Montevideo,anybody from Houlders at that time,one or two years later I saw her in Littleton,same crew,the captain was sent home to the UK to get a leg amputated,I think he had diabetes,I cant remember his name,he was from the Isle of Anglesey.Again,thanks for the welcome,Paddy.