Computer Interested Types

paisleymerchant
10th May 2008, 10:18
Just thought that I would post this link to a group site that you may find useful.
It is called C I T and if you have a PC problem someone in there will be able to sort it for you.

It is FREE to join and over the years it has helped me a lot so try it out at the moment there are over 5000 members

http://groups.msn.com/ComputerInterestedTypes/yourwebpage.msnw

shippix
10th May 2008, 10:29
Thanks for that, have had a look and added it to my favourites for future use.

treeve
10th May 2008, 10:32
Sounds good, I will have a look ... I am being fobbed off by my service provider as to why emails on Outlook Express cannot be sent. Thank you.

treeve
10th May 2008, 11:28
I cannot find just where to join? There is a need to have something called a NET passport, and when I click on the url to show me what that is I am greeted by a blank page; None of the links appear to work properly. Can you give me some pointers?

shippix
10th May 2008, 12:10
Treeve,

I have been to the site and it works ok
just click on anything on the screen and you should get a result

Peter

treeve
10th May 2008, 12:48
Hi Peter, No, all I get on enquiry as to just what NET passport is, is a blank purple screen; what does it involve, why do I need to have this passport, how is my security affected? I do not like to have my personal details scattered all over the net. Raymond

K urgess
10th May 2008, 12:56
Hi Peter, No, all I get on enquiry as to just what NET passport is, is a blank purple screen; what does it involve, why do I need to have this passport, how is my security affected? I do not like to have my personal details scattered all over the net. Raymond

You can normally get it from the Windows update site, Raymond.
If you do regular automatic updates you have to do a manual one then it comes up if you got to the custom selection.

Cheers
Kris

treeve
10th May 2008, 13:01
Interesting Kris .. I do all my updates manually, and I have never had this NET passport offered before. I 'll have a look at the Windows site. Thanks, Raymond

K urgess
10th May 2008, 13:05
Having got it, I can't really guide you through it again but it normally comes up as one of the options like Media Player xxx etc.
I presume you've checked the Microsoft support document at
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309011

Cheers
Kris

glancon
10th May 2008, 13:37
Click on the following link , all ypou need to know there.

http://www.msn.co.uk/msnhelpv2/passport/default.asp?MSPSA=1

Glancon

treeve
10th May 2008, 13:55
Thanks for that ... it is all new to me .. took me half an hour to go through rigmarole. Getting passed back to web pages that I had not been on before, and then getting back to the site CIT. It is all done from Start/Control Panel/User Accounts. I cannot believe that all the usernames that I put in have been taken up already, I even tried the ancient name for Alverton. What a performance just to be a member of a forum. Glad to be a part of this very intelligent Ships Nostalgia, all quite civilised in comparison. Still not had the confirmation email from CIT. After all that I hope someone is able to answer my queries on Outlook Express and XP firewall, otherwise I will be miffed. Life is too short. Best Wishes, Raymond

paisleymerchant
10th May 2008, 16:26
Once you get into the site on the left hand side you will find a link to search engines that will take you to the CIT search engine where you can search for specific threads if the subject has come up it will be there