Pacific Star

steve todd
12th June 2005, 13:05
A rare sighting of the Pacific Star sneeking through Port Said in 1962. She was Blue Star's only tanker back then. Crewed with UK officers and chinese crewmen I believe.

Steve

flyer682
16th June 2005, 10:19
You learn something new every day - I never realised that Blue Star ever owned a tanker!

Bob S
16th June 2005, 18:38
They also operated a few coasters, CROUCH, DEBEN & WAVENEY spring to mind. Might have a few photos of them from long ago.

sam2182sw
28th September 2005, 21:00
that right bob there last manes weere JUDITH MARREL R SAM

Tom Haywood
28th September 2005, 23:45
Suggest you try Fraser's site www.bluestarline.org for some interesting fleet details, quite strange to see small coasters with the Blue Star funnel.

BA204259
30th September 2005, 16:54
Slightly off topic I guess, but IMHO Blue Star had (arguably) the most striking funnels anywhere. To me, they were a beautiful sight and an indication of well cared for ships. Incidentally I sailed on two, just as a leave relief on the Auckland Star and a couple of deep sea trips round the Aussie coast on the Gladstone Star. I agree with Tom Haywood that Fraser's site is well worth a look.

Stuart Beckwith
6th April 2006, 12:38
A rare sighting of the Pacific Star sneeking through Port Said in 1962. She was Blue Star's only tanker back then. Crewed with UK officers and chinese crewmen I believe.

Steve
I sailed with Captain Derrick van Merwe (who lived in Liverpool) on the Wellington Star and Townsville Star. He was the mate on the Pacific Star for a number of years.
Stuart Beckwith

ruud
6th April 2006, 15:10
They also operated a few coasters, CROUCH, DEBEN & WAVENEY spring to mind. Might have a few photos of them from long ago.Ahoy,
Here the Waveney Star[ex Waveney-OriŽnt-Zaandijk-OriŽnt] photo and text:

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/3170/waveneystar1956exorint2sa.th.jpg (http://img72.imageshack.us/my.php?image=waveneystar1956exorint2sa.jpg)

Here a translation of the text:
The "Waveney Star", flying the UK flag[Owned:Blue Star Line Ltd.London], belonged before her selling in 1964 to Mr. J.R.Boerma-Groningen and Mr. C.Vegt-Haren. The vessel, a 700 tons raised-quarterdeck,was delivered in 1956 by Shipyard Gebr. Bodewes-Foxhol under the name: "OriŽnt".She had a 6Cy.4SA M.W.M.engine 395 hp.