Fisher Renwick - info needed

roverman
16th May 2008, 18:00
Hi folks - can any of you knowledgeable luminaries help me out. I'm looking for information on the ships owned by Fisher Renwick & Co, Newcastle and Fisher Renwick Manchester-London Steamers Ltd, Manchester. Any and all information re the ships owned by this outfit would be gratefully appreciated including ship details and career histories. Any leads on where further info can be obtained would also be much appreciated.

Cheers n ta very much
Barry

Potter
14th July 2008, 08:31
It would be worth your while visiting
www.miramarshipindex.org.nz

gdynia
14th July 2008, 09:16
Barry for Newcastle and Manchester there is the following book http://www.nynehead-books.co.uk/description.php?II=9

Peter4447
14th July 2008, 11:00
Hi Barry
The best I can offer is that the FR Manchester-London ships had a black funnel with 3 equal white bands.
The Houseflag consisted of 7 horizontal lines: Blue/white/blue/white/blue/white/blue. On the central white stripe were the initials F.R.& Co.
This information dates from 1936.
Regards
Peter

Tom Wales
18th July 2008, 20:49
My grandfather sailed on the Springhill (formerly Porthcawl) o/n 115384.
She was registered in Cardiff 1904 at 1507 gt. Built J Crown & Sons , Sunderland. Sold to George Renwick 23/12/14 and renamed Springhill 8/1/15.
Photographed as Porthcawl , copyright held by Falkirk Council.
Sunk by mine Scarborough 24/8/17 (from UB21?) Master A Gilbert. Other masters included Walter Williams (whose career is of interest to me). Some crew agreements at National Archives.