New Member and landlubber

Sunny Jim
17th May 2008, 23:21
I have recently biought a wi fi PC and found your site,of which I am now a member.I have been asked to introduce myself.I feel out of water.When I was at school I wanted to go to sea.I hated sport and would cycle to the docks in Glasgow and Govan to draw and paint the ships and sailors and dock side workers.I would get the belt for truanting from football, and therefore I still hate it. My maths were also weak and so I ended up at Ar DSchooland have been painting ships ever since with a love.I taught in Rothesay for many years,and had a good few pupils who followed my lead.One lad in paricular taught me some tricks in capturing ships in pen and ink.
So I am really an intruder. Sunny Jim Dumfries Scotland

non descript
17th May 2008, 23:23
Jim, a warm welcome to you. Rest assured that no one is out of water and we are all the same, (Thumb) Thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings in due course. Bon Voyage

John Briggs
17th May 2008, 23:30
Welcome from Australia Sunny Jim. All you need to be a full member of this site is a love of ships, so never, ever feel an intruder. Some of our most knowledgeable members have never been to sea. When you settle in we would love to see some of your art work.

K urgess
18th May 2008, 00:26
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire, Jim.
As stated a love of ships and the sea is all you need.
Hope to see some of your work in the gallery when you're ready.
Find your way around the ship and enjoy the voyage.

Bruce Carson
18th May 2008, 00:39
Sunny Jim, I've never been to sea and they made me a Moderator--be carefull or that might happen to you.(EEK)
Anyway, as has been said, all you need is a love of ships---a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia.

Bruce

Santos
18th May 2008, 00:50
Your gift of painting can bring our memories to life and sometimes are better than photographs. Welcome Sunny Jim we need you to remind us of our past.

Chris

benjidog
18th May 2008, 01:12
Welcome from Lancashire from a fellow landlubber and ship enthusiast!

I hope you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

Eric Wallace
18th May 2008, 04:20
Hi Sunny Jim,did you ever paint the Cape Rodney with a small portait insert up in the corner?the reason I ask is a lady contacted me by email,did I know how to get a list of the crew as she had found a painting as I discribed in an attic in a house that they bot in Perth Scotland 10 years ago.chances are small but one never knows.

Sister Eleff
18th May 2008, 06:41
Welcome from Sydney, Australia Jim. It won't take you long to realise that no one with a love of ships should feel 'out of water' around here(==D) Looking forward to viewing some of your work in the gallery soon (Thumb)

GWB
18th May 2008, 07:28
Welcome from Brisbane Australia maybe you could post some of your work enjoy the trip.

Cheers
GWB

gdynia
19th May 2008, 02:25
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

R58484956
19th May 2008, 12:31
Greetings SJ and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.