hello to youall,

deckboypeggy
20th May 2008, 13:15
hi to all at the forum,i was a bluey but did escape after gaining the deck boy ,jos sos and the e.d.h.cert.much prized in1962 by me.my very first award. a blue thread is still in me at 64 its nostalgia.I am lookiging forward to the topics that may come up. I will catch you all later of to bowling.

K urgess
20th May 2008, 13:21
Welcome aboard from East Yorskhire.
You'll find plenty of ex-Blueys in the crew to chat to.
Explore the ship, join in and enjoy the trip.

non descript
20th May 2008, 13:46
DBP, a warm welcome to you and thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings in due course. Bon Voyage

R58484956
20th May 2008, 14:25
Greetings DBP and a warm welcome to SN. Plenty of ex blueys on board here. Bon voyage.

Bruce Carson
20th May 2008, 17:45
From Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia.
By your introduction I think you'll enjoy our site--join in our friendly discussions at any time.

Bruce

benjidog
20th May 2008, 20:03
Welcome from Lancashire.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

steve Coombs
20th May 2008, 20:40
Hello

gdynia
21st May 2008, 00:54
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

Keith Adams
26th July 2008, 00:45
Hello DBP, Am pleased you signed on ... a long time ago very good friend of mine John Parker, would only go with Blue Flu (Alfred Holt Co.), his Dad was a Chief Steward with the Company but they wouldn't' give his son a berth as Cadet, and, since he had his heart set on Blue Flu and would sail with none other, in 1951 he went as Deck Boy with them - first trip always a 'Peggy' (sailors' lackey, for the uninitiated) - and worked his way up to Bosun. I mention that because he was brilliant at mathematics and top boy in our school ... my older brother (also a really smart guy) did the same thing, but mostly with Cunard (his first love), and became a Quarter Master/Writer.
I remember how proud each of them were when the earned their EDH Certificate (Efficient Deck Hand) - I am a Deck Hand (Volunteer) right now, but sadly not so efficient ! Looking forward to your posts. Keith

billyboy
26th July 2008, 00:51
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer