Paul UK
13th June 2005, 11:01
Hi just to introduce myself just joined today been interested in ships all my life , well as long as I can remember never worked at sea only holidays and up to 5 so far including QM2 Maiden.

Paul

julian anstis
13th June 2005, 11:11
Welcome aboard there Paul,

Now meet the "poor" guy's who looked after you 24/7 whilst you were living the high life........when you read the stories of what they got up to it will put you off cruising for life....lol...... Welcome.....and hope you enjoy the site if you need to know anything or have prob's just shout ...plenty of help around.

Julian

Doug Rogers
13th June 2005, 11:41
Hi Paul.welcome to the site and look forward to your input. anything you dont understand on the site just ask!!.

flyer682
13th June 2005, 12:01
Welcome aboard, Paul. Like you, I enjoy cruising as well and off on another one later in the year. Enjoy the site and we look forward to your contributions.

Fairfield
13th June 2005, 12:29
From one Paul to another,welcome to Ships Nostalgia.I/m another that/s never been to sea in a professional capacity just a lounger on cruises! Enjoy everything on offer.

trotterdotpom
13th June 2005, 14:32
Hi Paul,

Were you on Queen Mary 2 when she sailed the English coast? My sister, who's house overlooks Tees Bay, was moved to put the phone down for the first time in 30 years when the ship loomed into view! Well done.

John t.

Steve
13th June 2005, 18:19
Welcome to SN

Paul UK
14th June 2005, 19:15
Hi John

Hope I,m doing this right.

No I was on the canaries/Barbados/FL Cruise
out of Southampton but your sister is correct the ship is fantasic and in Grand Caneria they treated us like film stars.

It must have been like that in the old days.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Were you on Queen Mary 2 when she sailed the English coast? My sister, who's house overlooks Tees Bay, was moved to put the phone down for the first time in 30 years when the ship loomed into view! Well done.

John t.

Paul UK
14th June 2005, 19:17
Julian

You have me worried, I know the staffing levels were far from correct as the same amount of crew as QE2 with pushing double amount of passengers just did not work.

I hope that this has improved

Paul

Welcome aboard there Paul,

Now meet the "poor" guy's who looked after you 24/7 whilst you were living the high life........when you read the stories of what they got up to it will put you off cruising for life....lol...... Welcome.....and hope you enjoy the site if you need to know anything or have prob's just shout ...plenty of help around.

Julian